Copied from my official pro-type website.
2014 was actually the most productive writing year I've ever had - it just doesn't look that way from the outside! Since I barely wrote in 2012 and wrote nothing in 2013, I only had two stories actually come out in 2014, both written in 2014. Those are "The Final Girl"
and "The Cartographer's Requiem"
. "The Final Girl" is now the story I point people to when I want them to know what exactly I write.
This year I wrote a complete novel, my first ever; I'm currently working on revising it, and then I get to wander around looking for an agent!
I also wrote a record five stories (I know, I don't write fast/often/much). Two were published (see above), one will be out next year, and two are on submission. I've written a number of poems, mostly for a chapbook project that's not close to complete yet.
made my nonfiction debut with "Israel is Not My Birthright"
fellow poet Mat Joiner and I started a magazine! Check out the first two issues of Liminality: A Magazine of Speculative Poetry
I had a lot of reprints this year!
* "Becca at the End of the World" was reprinted in Zombies: More Recent Dead
, and it received an honorable mention in Ellen Datlow’s Year’s Best Horror
* "Wool and Silk and Wood" was reprinted in The Best of Electric Velocipede
* "The Angel of Fremont Street" and "Fortune" were jointly reprinted as The Selves We Leave Behind
* "The Library, After" was reprinted in Mythic Delirium #30
and The Nebula Awards Showcase
* "Valentines" was reprinted in The Mammoth Book of SF Stories by Women
And what's on deck for next year? Look for "Never Chose This Way" at Apex
, "Four Chambers" at Mythic Delirium
, "The Binding" at Lakeside Circus
, and hopefully I'll be able to tell you more soon!