The kitty opthalmologist said he's almost certainly had flareups in the past; we adopted him at age 12, so... *shrug* He has some thinning of his cornea and may develop cataracts, poor giant jerk kitty.
He has a lot of medications.
* Serum eyedrops 4-6 times a day.
* Ofloxacin eyedrops 4-6 times a day.
* Terramycin ointment applied directly to the eye 3-4 times a day.
* Atropine ointment applied directly to the eye once a day.
* Buprenex in his mouth twice a day.
* Lysine chews twice a day.
If you see me this week, hug me. And bring band-aids. Because medicating him is exactly as fun as you think it is.
(Also, DAMN, $600 in the past few days for this cat.)