So much in my world!
* My trip to the Chicago area was everything I needed it to be. I have pages upon pages I could write about that, recaps in exhaustive detail - but of course much of that is not for public consumption. :) We went to Fermilab and the Field Museum, and I had whole days where I didn't have to do anything
, and we sang, and we did reclaiming so powerful that my brain has not fully wrapped itself around it yet.
* My life has not found its new normal yet. I've been living in chaos for a year now, and chaos might be my home now? I should've been twitchy and tetchy being away from home, but beyond my obvious comfort with michaeldthomas
and Caitlin, I think my brain just accepts that there is no normal right now and that we function where we find ourselves.
* Elayna is going to college in three weeks and one day. This is the Big Thing in my world this month. It's only Judah's abuse that kept this from being the Big Thing in my world for the past few months. But it looms larger and larger. We have plans and projects.
* I wrote a poem while I was away. Too late for the place I wrote it for, but still, I wrote it.
* My Max (in icon) has early-stage kidney failure. He'd been losing weight and had developed arthritis and some hearing loss; then he started peeing outside the litterbox. Vet says he has between 25-30% kidney function left. He is on special food, which seems to be helping a little - he's exploring more. But Max has been fragile for some time now. Jack's illness was abrupt and horrifying (and he was only 10); Tor's was a sudden shock. But I see Max walking slowly towards the door. Max is 18. He's been with me for 13 years, through three states and two husbands and five houses. He is the best boy, my darling kittyman. And he is so old and small. But he still purrs. So I give him extra snuggles. I forgive when he pees on the table. I sit with him and hold him. I thank him for being the companion he has always been. I walk with him as long as he can walk.