I ran errands on foot today! And on the way home, I was reminded of an old LJ meme.
I will give you two (or more!) consecutive lines from each song I listened to, in order. You guess the songs in comments.
(There was one instrumental. Here it is, if you're curious
. Warning: awesome bagpipes.)
These were all on random, no playlist. There are a few that I'll be very surprised if you know 'em. There are a few that are blindingly obvious. The only deliberate choice was the first song.
EDIT to put unguessed songs on top.3. "On a psychedelic space machine, galactic sugar high/like a caffeinated satellite, gone way past 99"6. "We're the patron saints of rented cars and last goodbyes in airport bars/and in the morning, like ghosts, we slip away"7. "Pretty whitewashed lies/endless alibis/and reasons that need cleaning every night"20. "And one of these dreams/you forgive me"21. "Will you rescue me from my motor lodge room/open the curtains to let in the moon?"1. "I look at her and I see the beauty of the light of music/the voices talking somewhere in the house late spring"
- R.E.M., "You Are the Everything" - michaeldthomas2. "Those hopes have turned to fears/you wonder where you are/without a little light, you know you won't get far"
- Captain Tractor, "Not in This Town" - yendi4. "Well, the darkness has a hunger that's insatiable/and lightness has a call that's hard to hear"
- Indigo Girls, "Closer to Fine" - spacehawk5. "Do you think we're gonna make it? I don't know unless we try/you could sit here scared to move or we could take them by surprise"
- Dropkick Murphys, "The Gauntlet" - yendi8. "I don't care what consequence it brings/I have been a fool for lesser things"
- Billy Joel, "For the Longest Time" - aamcnamara9. "There's a rising tide in the rivers of blood/but if the answer isn't violence, neither is your silence"
- Pop Will Eat Itself, "Ich Bin Ein Auslander" - jasmine_koran10. "If you want to read the secret story written in your future/you better start to write it now"
- Gaia Consort, "Secret of the Crossroads Devil" - k_crow11. "She came out west to find the sun/she lost her name but found a new one"
- Everclear, "Amphetamine" - silver_fish12. "And now I'm in this clothing store, and the signs say less is more/more that's tight means more to see, more for them, not more for me"
- Dar Williams, "When I Was a Boy" - spacehawk13. "You got sirens for a welcome/there's bloodstain for your pain"
- Duran Duran, "Wild Boys" - yendi14. "And you know for a million years he has been your lover/he'll be a million more"
- XTC, "Greenman" - sbisson 15. "Sun lights up the day time/moon lights up the night"
- Peggy Lee, "Fever" - sealgair16. "Like a photograph whose image is still changing/the letter that I never sent to you explaining/all I want is a place for my heart to belong"
- Sophie B. Hawkins, "Strange Thing" - phenom_woman17. "Pretty looking road/try to hold the rising floods that fill my skin"
- Duran Duran, "Save a Prayer" - fangirl71518. "Standing stretching every nerve/had to listen had no choice"
- Peter Gabriel, "Solsbury Hill" - fangirl71519. "I don't wanna touch you too much baby/'cause making love to you might drive me crazy"
- Def Leppard, "Love Bites" - spacehawk22. "Hey, my love, you came to me like wine comes to this mouth/grown tired of water all the time/you quench my heart and, oh, you quench my mind"
- Dave Matthews Band, "Two-Step" - rubrchick23. "River, river have mercy/take me down to the sea"
- The Pogues, "Lorelai" - michaeldthomas