* A novel is a lot of time, and since I have never written a whole one, I don't know how much.
* Elayna gets home at 3, so I only have til 3 every day.
* Cicatrix is deeply immersive, and I'm hesitant to jump into it when I know I'll be interrupted.
* Having a school-age child means constant interruptions. Not just that 3pm line - there's February break and April break in addition to holiday break, there are half days and teacher workdays... my available time is sliced to ribbons.
* And we have an even bigger interruption coming up. Summer break. Elayna's last day of school is a full month earlier this year: May 30.
* I do not think it possible to write Cicatrix with Elayna home and in preparing-for-college mode.
So I've been flailing. The two possible solutions:
1. Focus on poetry and short fiction for now, and restart Cicatrix in September.
2. See if I can finish Cicatrix before Wiscon. Adam has April break off and can take Elayna to visit colleges and keep her out of the house.
I was planning on #1, but that is making me cranky.
Can I finish this book in two months? I honestly don't know. Judah asked me how far along I am, and I don't know. Not very.
So that is one of the really big things that's been preoccupying me lately.