Wow, y'all, I do not think I can even try to recap that con.
In really brief:
* Lit Track seems to have gone really well! I only made it to two panels I wasn't on, but they were wonderful.
* Nothing that blew up blew up on my track, and everything that blew up is being taken very seriously and was the topic of much vehement discussion in Program Nexus.
* I hung out with so many awesome people
, and I'm not doing a name-check list because I will forget someone and then I'll feel guilty. Know that I adore you and I did not get to spend nearly enough time with you. That is a universal truth.
* Everyone who was at the me/cucumberseed
reading seemed to love everything they heard, which was fantastic. cucumberseed
's story will be in Strange Horizons soon, and you can buy skogkatt
's chapbook straight from her!
* Barfleet gave me an award for being a Friend of the Fleet! I get Special Privileges! (The accent I was talking in that night was 100% lbitw
's party was legendary.
* I was pretty much going full throttle the entire weekend, barely enough time to catch my breath. Had a small mood-collapse Monday afternoon, but recovered quickly, and I'm overall feeling pretty good for having just done a four-day con as a participant + staff + running my household.
*stretch* I was sleeping better at the hotel; I think that our bed is too firm for me. We're talking about getting a king-size Tempurpedic when Elayna goes to college (we'll move our current bed into her room; it'll be better for guests than her twin bed). Princess and the pea, man.
I had big plans of jumping right back on writing Cicatrix
straight from the con. I had forgotten that this is Elayna's midterms week, which means she'll be home at noon every day. Not nearly
enough writing time. But I do have a manuscript to copyedit that needs to be done by Friday, so I can do that and then dive into the slushpile - we got a new stack of partials. That, I can do under the threat of interruption.
And I must go do that now! But I did not want you to think that the con ate me.
(It did nibble a bit.)