* Jack's condition remains unchanged from my last post; his ultrasound is tomorrow, and our vet tech says the ultrasound tech will be able to tell us things right away.
* My poem "And the War is Never Over" has been accepted by Strange Horizons! So happy about that; it's a great magazine that I've been hoping to sell to basically forever.
* Readercon's concom has made a statement
, and it is amazing. In the good way. Honestly, I believe this is the model for how to fix things from now on. It really is a thing of beauty. Read the whole thing. Major thanks to rosefox
and the other members of the committee who worked on this.
is offering another CNC Art to Part class this Sunday! Interested in learning how to turn a 3D computer model into a physical object? In this three hour course you will learn how to do just that using free software that's easy to learn. First, we'll take a 3D form and turn it into interlocking flat shapes using 123D Make. After using Inkscape and Draftsight to convert the files, we'll then take those shapes into CamBam and create tool paths for a CNC router.
* Remember that I am doing a reading/signing/Q&A at Annie's Book Stop in Worcester on Thursday, August 16!
* Granted, I am very emotional right now, but the Curiosity rover landing has me tearing up on the regular.
Right. Time to go do stuff.