Happy early birthday to jet_li_wannabe and angelsscream, who advance a year over the weekend!
Hello to new reader banshiecat!
State of the 'Song
Yesterday I was under the weather. Literally. The solid week of miserable weather had me in serious pain, full-body and head.
Three Robaxin at once is too much. ASK ME HOW I KNOW.
I'm a little better today, but still a bit achy and nauseous.
State of the Elayna
Down yesterday with a fever and a stuffy head. Staying home again today. Since Adam's going to be out of town, if this doesn't prove to be one of those 24-hour bugs, my weekend plans may have just shifted to "hang out with sick kid and marathon Gilmore Girls".
State of the Jack
His face is in my faaaaace.
s00j has a video!
* Here is Sady nailing it again.
* This is a damn fine post.
* Scott Weiland of STP has just come out as a rape survivor, and Sugar Ray Leonard has come out as a sexual assault survivor. We're seeing more and more people speak about this, and more and more men. When people ask if I think that the movement's work is really making a difference, I point to stuff like this. Can you even imagine these guys disclosing these things five, ten years ago? Welcome to the tectonic shift.
* What do *you* like in a con?
* Speaking of cons, here's info on the Wiscon POC dinner!
* Man, I do not have time to unpack the layers of class privilege in this article about "push presents". You guys aren't 101 anyway, you can see for yourselves. But: “It’s more and more an expectation of moms these days that they deserve something for bearing the burden for nine months, getting sick, ruining their body,” - pardon? *looks down at her freakin' fantastic body that grew a whole person and is now ornamented with pretty silvery stretch marks* I THINK YOU ARE CONFUSED.
Exoplanet near Gliese 581 star 'could host life'.
Wearing: Black cowlneck and jeans, sparrow knee-high socks.
Reading: Who's Your City? by Richard Florida.
Writing: It has not been a week for that, much to my chagrin.
Knitting: This shawl in watercolory worsted-weight yarn.
Planning: Today, work and maybe nap, maybe writing, depends what the weather does.
Tomorrow: If Elayna's not sick: Stand Tall Against Sexual Violence: Female Fight Fundraiser, then a party, then a sleepover at feste_sylvain's.
Sunday: If Elayna's not sick, baby shower!