State of the 'Song
I managed to manage myself okay this weekend. Go team me! Feeling decently rested.
State of the Jack
He's his normal doofy self again, thank goodness. And Max and Victoria have (mostly) stopped hissing at him.
State of Wind Tunnel Dreams and My Empire for Ashes
Deadline for My Empire for Ashes = May 1, and I have been a slack bastard (not this weekend! I did okay this weekend!), so I have a lot to do. Given deadline, I'm officially postponing WTD til Monday, May 2. Apologies to those who've donated, this is all on me for not thinking this through.
As far as My Empire for Ashes goes, it is truckin' along. It's teetering on the border of novella and novel - I'm not done with the requested expansions yet, and looking at it from where I am, could go either way.
I have had to do the most random research for this thing, by the way. "Wait - did they have Krylon spray paint when Alexander said they touched the mural up with it?" "Wait - would Katrina make a Stevie Nicks reference? When did she join Fleetwood Mac?"
Pretty much this week needs to be head-down work. Unfortunately, I have afternoon workstuff tomorrow and Friday, but I'm seeing if I can switch my work hours to 1-5 like I do on Peer Supe days (today is one, yay!). Otherwise I may have to back out of stuff that I don't want to back out of.
I am trying to figure out if I respond better to carrots or sticks. There's one of each at play this week:
* I do not get to go out and have fun if I have not done Enough Writing.
* If I turn MEfA in on time, sindrian will take me away for a weekend. This, I'm told, is a thing called a "vacation". I have never had one, but I'm not sure what they're like, but I have been told that they are marvellous. (Are they related in some way to "free time"?)
Since the last time I posted this was last month: sindrian's and my epic joint birthday party + his welcome-home party = July 9! Please make a note of it!
Ways to Help People!
* kythryne's friend Kate has hit a financial rough patch - you should go check out her store and pick up a little something for yourself!
* aaronace is crowdfunding for his new RPG book!
* Hugo Award finalists! Congrats, y'all!
* I'm totally using "When We Were Robots in Egypt" at my next seder.
* Hey, kids! The Doctor needs your help! To my surprise, when I showed this to Elayna, she actually thought it was a great idea. So now we're working out a reward system and achievements to unlock.
* Is there a fannish accent? I find this totally fascinating; has a lot of things I've observed.
* I want a terrarium.
Members of the international STAR collaboration at the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider -- a particle accelerator used to recreate and study conditions of the early universe at the U.S. Department of Energy's Brookhaven National Laboratory -- have detected the antimatter partner of the helium nucleus: antihelium-4. This new particle, also known as the anti-alpha, is the heaviest antinucleus ever detected, topping a discovery announced by the same collaboration just last year.
DO ALL THE WRITING. Then work, then Peer Supe.