And then I noticed the et cetera, to wit:
* Jack is usually extremely hyperactive; now he's just sitting on the table.
* His breathing is a bit labored.
* His front paws and chest are crunchyspiky from dried drool (OMG the drool), and when he tried to lick a paw, the lick was very desultory.
* Little foam on his tongue.
* He looks a bit unfocused.
* He's kinda stinky. But that could just be Jack.
* EDIT: Tried giving him treats; he gave a sniff and tried to lick one, but his tongue may be getting in the way. Didn't eat 'em.
Earliest vet appointment we could get was 4:30. EDIT: He *is* going to the vet. We made the appointment before I posted.
No changes in diet. We've been doing housecleaning, so I could see the dust getting to him re: breathing, but the tongue thing concerns me greatly. Also, he is just sitting here, and people who know Jack know that that is not the natural state of Jack!
So cat people, on a scale of 1 to panic...?
Jack awaits your feedback. (This is not a today pic.)
UPDATE: possible broken jaw. How does that even HAPPEN?
UPDATE: More current update.