Happy birthday to ginskye and justbeast!
State of the 'Song
* Still not 100%, but going to work because I gotta.
* Eye doc yesterday. Repeatedly failed the same quadrant of the HVF test I failed last time, but my eye pressure and optic nerves aren't showing much change. I'll be doing the GDx test (aka the test with FRICKIN LASER BEAMS) in June, which is the next time they'll have the machine.
* Did get a solid little nap yesterday.
...yeah, now that I've expanded Alexander and Katrina's conversation at breakfast the day after the ball, I really do have to write them going to the Council to pick up her things. Which will be tense and weird and I will use a delicate touch and not anoint your head with the Anvil of Foreshadowing.
* talkstowolves has rounded up ways to help Japan.
* 10 civilizations that mysteriously disappeared.
* Dilbert fans, prepare to cringe. I'm glad I always thought Dilbert was one-note and insipid. Boycott for misogyny? No problem!
* Remember the MetaFilter story about the two Russian women narrowly saved from sex slavery? Here's the rest of the story.
High-temperature superconductor spills secret: A new phase of matter.
Wearing: Moss-green asymmetrical sweater and jeans, mad science socks.
Reading: Reality is Broken: Why Games Make Us Better and How They Can Change the World, by Jane McGonigal
Writing: Expanding My Empire for Ashes. Shit, I just realized that I dreamed and lost the perfect title for Book One. It'll come back if it's really the right one.
Knitting: So behind y'all. Still the scarf for Grandma.
Planning: Work, and hopefully a stop at a few opticians in Harvard Square if I've energy. I want frames I don't hate. Nap after, probably; if not nap, writing. Tomorrow I still want to get to s00j's concert at ConBust to be her merch wench! But the rest of the day is for writing. Sunday I take it easy.