Happy birthday to grimmwire and sariel_t!
State of the 'Song
Still worn out. Need to call my doctor today, both for a rheumatologist referral and to see about changing my sleep meds; I'm on the highest allowable dose of Lunesta, and it is not getting me through the night; I've been waking up at 3am consistently enough that I've started taking notice when I actually sleep through the night. As for inflammation-based pain, I'm at a baseline of 4-5. So I really do need a solution for that. (My primary care doc won't prescribe Celebrex, is why I'm out.)
Quote of the day
Via Jonathan Carroll:
"Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.”
* "The Last Sophia", by the fabulous csecooney!
* "The Witch's Heart", by the amazing wirewalking!
* Poetry by the wonderful shweta_narayan and cucumberseed, among others!
* Okay, emilytheslayer has me hooked on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Which is the show that broke 4chan. SRSLY. Also you have to read this.
* Feline anatomy. I am calling everyone's thighs "sassypants" forever. For the record, that gets really dirty when sindrian and I do it.
* Use art to turn the world inside out.
Link Soup: Daily Science Edition
* Enceladus is inexplicably hot!
* Epilepsy-linked memory loss worries patients more that doctors; doctors were apparently clueless that loss of memory impacts quality of life. I am shocked, I tell you, shocked.
* Artificial nerve grafts made from spider silk.
* Newly identified cell population key to immune response.
Work, doctor calls, writing. Elayna will be performing in Bandarama tonight! Unfortunately, this is the one that also involves **shudder** fourth-grade strings. Augh.