Happy birthday to jlassen
!State of the 'Song
Oh you guys. Oh. You guys. This sucks.
I'm pretty sure the achiness is mostly thanks to the horrible slog through half a foot at least of snow yesterday. (I have a long walk from the bus stop, most of a mile.) I have hit the Robaxin for that.
But also I feel like my throat and lungs have been flayed
. And the worst part is that I cannot breathe. Which always causes a low-grade panic reaction for me. I can only take shallow breaths, and when I cough, which is often, I can't get any more air in. So I have quiet little freakouts and have to constantly run the "be patient, air will come, shallow breaths" tape in my head.
I am additionally cranky that I have to baby my lungs so much in cold dry air. Having something like this means I pretty much can't leave my house without getting much worse. Link Soup: Excellence Edition
* Excellent painting by flutterbychild
, being auctioned to raise money for Haiti.
* Excellent post on lack of diversity in SF shows
* Excellent post about celiac disease
* Excellent story by shweta_narayan
* Excellent new issue of Goblin Fruit
.Link Soup: Rape Culture Edition
* Which rape accusers are worth listening to?
Spoiler: All of them.
* This is some bullshit right here
* The sexual violence epidemic in Haiti
.Daily ScienceThe Orion Nebula: still full of surprises
I would do BPAL reviews, but I'm a bit stuffy-nosed, too.Plans
Rest. Rest. More rest. If I have the energy, I may write Arisia recaps. But I expect to spend the day in bed.
Oh hey.Get your own valentinr