* Our original flight was MCO-BOS on Sunday evening.
* OMFGblizzard. We called and got the flight changed to Tuesday, flying out of WPB, so we could go home with my parents and maybe get to see our South Florida friends. Tuesday was the earliest they could get us out, they said.
* They e-mailed Adam an itinerary for a Monday flight. Adam called for clarification - but apparently our prior call was the last one they felt like answering. Delta's phones go straight to a recorded message about not answering their phone due to inclement weather, and then disconnect. Right after they cancelled 500 flights, and would go on to cancel at least 300 more, leaving thousands of people with no way to rebook.
* We continued to try to contact Delta for two days. Never any reply. We finally reach live people on Twitter, but all they'll say is that our Monday flight is totally on. Despite there being a blizzard warning in effect til 6pm. We are not optimistic.
* We wake up early this morning and drive an hour-plus to WPB. We are told that the second leg of the flight, ATL-BOS, is a no-go. By a very fucking condescending Delta pigfucker. "Haven't you been watching the news?" "THE NEWS THAT SAID LOGAN WOULD OPEN AT NOON? YES WE HAVE." Pigfucker has no response to "why are you not answering the phone?" and "why are you not updating the website with this info?"
* Pigfucker hunts us down when we're in the eternal line for customer service. Says we can go to ATL, but will be stranded there for days. No offense to my ATL friends, but we opt to stay here where we don't have to pay for a hotel or food. Earliest we can get out is THURSDAY. No, they will not pay for my meds. No, they will not switch the flight to FLL without charging extra. At least he is less condescending the second time.
* We go to Cracker Barrel for lunch. The monkeyboy host has never heard the word "gluten", and laughs in my face. I have words for him. The waitress, although she doesn't know what's GF, at least understands the question and knows who will know the answer, and I manage with grilled chicken tenders, corn, mashed potatoes-no-gravy, and "no biscuits, no corn muffins, no bread on the plate". For my GF peeps: yes, they use wheat filler in their burgers, and have gluten in the green beans even. This is your only safe choice, besides trout-no-sauce, but at least it was tasty.
* I get a stuffed possum from the Cracker Barrel store BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN VERY GOOD. His name is George Joseph Vermeer Abercrombie, but he prefers to just be called Just Abercrombie. Just Abercrombie is an artist, but has not been taken seriously by the Establishment, because he is a possum. Speciesist bastards.
* We go to CVS. The clerk is a total moron who needs to have co-workers translate her speech from Idiot to English. "We could transfer the Lunesta but that means you can never transfer it back because that's another state." Co-worker: "No, you just have to get your doctor to call in a new prescription when you get back." These are different things. Also, she cannot understand "I only need four pills", and insists that the insurance won't cover anything because I got them filled too recently. She does not understand the phrases "extenuating circumstances" and "medical emergency". She's also too stupid to think of calling the insurance company and ask for an exemption. Her supervisor is slightly less stupid and understands that that is a thing they can do, "but they won't approve it." Me: "Try. Them."
* We go to a health food store that is 90% booze and candy. OH FLORIDA. Sufficient GF food is obtained, at great price.
* We come home. Adam calls the insurance company, to be told that yes, CVS called, yes, the insurance company approved it - but what they called in was complete refills. So I get to pay a big chunk of money because dumbass does not understand "four pills". Note that I have gotten extensions of this nature before, so I know for a fact that CVS can do it. She's just too stupid. It must be very difficult and painful to have to go through life being so very, very stupid.
So that's where we stand right now. We're here through Thursday night. In the house of reality TV played at top volume, racist Christmas specials - racist everything. (My sister: "The clothes there, like no offense but they're kinda black." Me, knowing what she means and being willfully oblivious: "I'm wearing a black shirt right now. I thought you liked this one." My sister: "That's not what I meant." Me: "Well I'm sure I don't know what you mean.")
I'm pretty much on my last nerve. I will be trying to make the best of this. We'll likely see kires, and hopefully enderfem if she gets to feeling better. Maybe maxymyllyn. Sadly, felisdemens is still in CA. OH FELIS WHY DOTH THE UNIVERSE CONSPIRE?????
Major thanks to slipjig for continuing to feed the cats, and to taura_g in advance for picking us up if we ever get home. Now I snack.