Happy birthday to ladydrakaina and pattytempleton!
Happy early birthday to cabell, who advances a year over the weekend!
State of the 'Song
Barometric pressure, I hate you a whole lot.
SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS.
This could mean $25K for BARCC, which would be *huge* in terms of expanding our programming and coverage and the amount of kickass social justice work we can do. Please please vote *and tell your friends and readers*!
* Headline of the day: Nicaragua Raids Costa Rica, Blames Google Maps.
* New hearing for the West Memphis Three.
* Shatner sings "Fuck You".
* Damn, I'd love to go to this. Damn, I don't have $375.
Link Soup: Daily Science Edition
* Glia: the new frontier in brain science.
* Physicists produce black hole plasma in the lab.
* Burning pain and itching governed by the same nerve cells.
* Large Hadron Collider pauses protons; enters new phase.
Wearing: I don't knoooooow. I was in a heathery green sweater but I remembered I have to talk to high schoolers today about feminist/social justice blogging, so perhaps something funkier. Black cowlneck/purple wrap cardigan? Jeans, anyway.
Reading: I am actually exactly between books right now! I think perhaps Dreadnought by Cherie Priest next.
Writing: My project today: collate all of the scattered Cicatrix bits from Blogathon and elsewhere. Yes, we are kicking that into gear.
Knitting: Scarf for Dad, cowl for sindrian.
Planning: Today: Work, writing, making the to-do list for the rest of the weekend. No evening plans - possibly welcome to some.
Tomorrow: Elayna is going to Splash, which is like a free one-day Explo. Lucky! Adam and I will likely be in cleaning mode. Evening/sleepover with sindrian.
Sunday: Blissfully planless.