Happy birthday to malinaldarose and persis!
Hello to new readers david_grana and vanilleu!
State of the 'Song
I have been wheelspinning for a bit now, but I have come to a damn decision, markedly after several sledgehammer-and-anvil HINTS from the universe at large. And dammit, it's to do the hardest thing first.
But hey, at least that'll encourage me to up my game for everything that comes after. Part of me holding off was but then I can never ever be lazy again; the response to that, of course, is yes, but is that what you wanted? to be lazy? and the response to that, of course, is well not really BUT I WANTED THE OPTION.
docwebster is in a hell situation and desperately needs a temporary financial infusion. Go read. It ain't right, what's happening there.
Help needed for me: What are your favorite feminist/social justice blogs? I must enlist the blogosphere to get the word out about the Stay Classy Awards (you've voted for BARCC already, right? And told your friends, right?), and I need to know who's leading the conversation about sexual violence. (I know about Shakesville, Feministing, Feministe, The Curvature, Tiger Beatdown, Fugitivus, and some others.)
Also, know any good Boston blogs? Whether or not they talk about sexual violence. We can push the "vote for the Boston charities!" angle there.
Was phenomenal, and it has been decided: I am so doing burlesque to "Vanilla".
She will be in Chicago on the 7th and Minneapolis on the 8th and 9th. I know I have people out there. You need to go to her show. Tell her Shira sent you!
* If it won't fit on a post-it, it won't fit in your day.
* SNL does never-before-seen Back to the Future audition tapes, and they are freakin' hilarious.
* Wyrding Studios is having a huge anniversary sale!
* One of the Maine Coon kitties still needs a home!
Link Soup: Daily Science
* The results of a high-profile Fermilab physics experiment involving a University of Michigan professor appear to confirm strange 20-year-old findings that poke holes in the standard model, suggesting the existence of a new elementary particle: a fourth flavor of neutrino.
* Scientists believe they finally understand the perplexing behavior of one of the most dynamic regions in Saturn's rings thanks to images captured by NASA's Cassini spacecraft. And the answer, published online today in the Astronomical Journal, is: The rings are behaving like a spiral galaxy.
* What happens after traumatic brain injury occurs?
Work, VOTING, and then I have some at-home time between that and Diesel. Perhaps I shall photograph and list the jeans and pants I want to sell on eBay. I hope. Because getting that money in would be verra nice. I just hate eBay, so I've been procrastinating. Tonight is Diesel night with feste_sylvain.