I have spoken of the Best Steak Evar before (rare, cooked in coffee grounds with a mocha glaze, atop a root vegetable mash). Both Adam and I got the steak because dude.
Here's what else we got:
* The best chorizo & onions evar.
* Amazing tomato cognac soup with fried leeks.
* Sweet potato and beet salad with chevre and blackcurrant dressing.
* Wild mushrooms with garlic.
* House-cured salmon gravlax with limoncello sour cream and a latke.
And for dessert, he had the White Chocolate & Fig Bread Pudding with Southern Wild Turkey Sauce, and I had the Kahlua Creme Caramel.
And we just. NOM. You guys.
“Who is to say that ‘bigger is better’? I’ve often wondered that. Can you not fit more kumquats in a jar than you could, say, spools of twine? Flavors are similar. Give me small plates any day & an extraordinary bottle of wine and I will be happy forever.”
--Nanthida Bernardeau, 1946
Yes. Yes yes. Perfect small plates of intense savory lusciousness. Perfect, impeccable food. This is my favorite place.