Happy birthday to volta!
State of the 'Song
Sleep interrupted 11 times. Then the child, despite having been told thrice that I was supposed to be sleeping in this morning, turned her CD player up to maximum as she hopped in the shower. So hi, I'm working a double today on about 3 hours of sleep strung together in 15-30 minute increments. This is gonna be awesome. Except not.
We are looking for performers! I believe we are all booked up on musicians, but we need circus and street performer types! Please contact cluegirl for more info!
Picture of the Day
Made by my daughter. Trust me, this is hilarious if you've seen Evil Dead: The Musical.
* I'm with my husband on this one.
* The Autoimmune Portrait Project.
* These cakes are awesome.
Link Soup: Rape Culture Edition
* The Boiling Frog Principle of Boundary Violation.
* Who gets to use the word "rape"?
* Three Gang Rapists Convicted After One Shows Video of Assault to Victim.
* “Rape by deception” turns out to be brutal rape of a vulnerable and abused woman.
* UN reports over 500 rapes in eastern Congo.
* On the bright side, at least Emerson College doesn't suck.
I'm working from 1-9pm; the morning so far has been spent paying bills, doing writery-business stuff, and generally some of the stuff I haven't had time or energy to tackle. I will be available for noms after 9pm, if anyone on the Red Line tends to feel nommish around then. But for now, I go shower and Do All The Things before I have to dart off to work.