Happy birthday to jdotmi and pharminatrix!
State of the 'Song
Busy weekend led to pajama day yesterday, but I think there is balance.
Poem of the Day
Spotted on Jonathan Carroll's blog:
by Franz Wright
I close my eyes and see
a seagull in the desert
high, against unbearably blue sky.
There is hope in the past.
I’m writing to you
all the time, I am writing
with both hands,
day and night.
* Found-object art.
* Neat art prints - and custom comic-book wedding invitations!
* Comics-inspired yarn.
* XKCD wedding cake!
* Fixing Doctor Who.
* The new issue of Apex has poetry by shweta_narayan and upstart_crow, and reprints one of my favorite stories of the last year, “each thing i show you is a piece of my death” by handful_ofdust and Stephen J. Barringer!
Link Soup: Daily Science Edition
* Molecular imaging opens up a vast new world for neuroscience.
* Largest ever epigenetics project launched.
* For years, claims have circulated that red rain which fell in India in 2001, contained cells unlike any found on Earth. Now new evidence that these cells can reproduce is about to set the debate alive .
* Awesome death spiral of a bizarre star.
Work is busy in the volunteer-training-prep sense again. Today is Elayna's first day of tenth grade, which means I actually get an hour to myself between getting home and her return! For the first time since July, an hour to myself! Diesel later.