* My sister is doing okay-ish. Not ill enough to merit a return to the hospital, but definitely not up for any level of activity; she's propped up on the couch for the next howeverlong. It'll be at least a month before her body returns to normal. (She will learn patience.)
* Adam's CPAP has been delivered. Thankfully, it is not a hideous noisy thing like I remember CPAPs being. Yay advances in technology!
* The house is looking exceptionally clean for right now. With Elayna returning tomorrow, I don't expect that to last! But it's nice for now. Also, I've been cleaning up in her room in fits and starts, and significant progress has been made, if very gradually.
* My final Readercon schedule has Moar Stuff on it. o.O I have a lot of stuff going on, apparently.
* Those of you who've been here for Thanksgiving can testify that this really is what cooking looks like in our house.
* Things I want and cannot afford right now: Sundara silk lace in "To Behold" for the Eiffel Tower shawl. *plaintive sigh* Almost all of my knitting this year has been charity or gift knitting, and I'm feeling deprived.
* Bonus Random BPAL Reviews!
Kyoto: A gentle, soothing blend of cherry blossom, white sandalwood and star anise.
In imp: *koff* Wow. Something deeply noxious. The cherry is like cough medicine. Something *very* medicinal here, and starchy, and strong.
On me: Ummno. Pass.
Dirty: A fresh, crisp white linen scent: perfectly clean, perfectly breezy.
In imp: Definitely crisp and light. Something here is a little bit floral, but not obnoxiously so.
On me: Same. It's not bad, but it isn't me, especially as the floral asserts itself.
Haunted: A mournful, poignant scent, thick with foreboding. Soft golden amber darkened with a touch of murky black musk.
In imp: The amber note always smells thick and liquid to me; it smells like honey feels.
On me: So it's that, but darker. And - it goes from there straight to baby powder.
Old Scratch: A lavender fougere with tonka, amber, rosewood and a whiff of diabolical patchouli
In imp: Does what it says on the tin. Mostly lavender.
On me: The tonka and patchouli give it a bit of a base, but it's still mostly lavender. Which is pretty, but does not make be go oooooh.
* Icon request for marajs! She would like an icon of the Doctor wearing the fez.
* Elayna's lawsuit against the driver who hit her in October is wrapping up, to the tune of $10,000 for her college fund. *decisive nod*