Hello to new reader encarmencita!
I kinda walked from Harvard to Central, Central to Porter to Davis back to Porter back to Davis, and my legs are like "GTFO". Less walking today. But I want to get to the point where I can do something like that regularly.
Energy levels were markedly up yesterday, yay. :)
The TARDIS scarf will be a basketweave scarf instead, because that I can actually get done in time. I can attempt the TARDIS scarf elsetime.
Also, started the baby blanket for badlittlemonkey's and rintrahroars's SO FREAKIN' CUTE baby, a simple gull lace pattern in peacock-blue superwash wool.
* Asimov's Magazine reader awards. May I point out that a certain theferrett's first story is there?
* Fantasy has a poll, too. I remind you that they have published some great stuff this year; highlights have been the stories by Aidan Doyle, Nicole Kornher-Stace, Samantha Henderson, Rachel Swirsky, Alaya Dawn Johnson, Genevieve Valentine, and Camille Alexa, IMO.
* And yep, Clarkesworlde, too, with shiny stories by Ekaterina Sedia, N.K. Jemison, Nnedi Okorafor, Richard Parks, Cat Rambo, Nick Mamatas, Alex Dally McFarlane, and so many more.
Special attention to Jemison's story in Clarkesworld and Doyle's in Fantasy, as I think those are the stories I forwarded around most this year.
Today's link soup consists entirely of cool stuff I showed Elayna as soon as she stumbled downstairs this morning.
* Video of Incus's "Dancer Through Time", featuring beloved s00j on lead female vocals!
* If you like horror movies, you absolutely must watch this.
* This is so crazy perfectly appropriate. Also, Daleks = ponies.
* Snow Totoro!
A giant stream of gas flowing from neighbor galaxies around our own Milky Way is much longer and older than previously thought, astronomers have discovered. The new revelations provide a fresh insight on what started the gaseous intergalactic streamer.
Work, home, lunch. Need to get Electric Velocipede edits done. Perhaps I will have some writing time today? We'll see what happens. No plans for *tonight*, which is good; with so much approaching, I need to have some time to not be in motion.