Happy birthday to the fantabulous brujah!
Got glutened over Thanksgiving. The leading candidate is the fudge; I unthinkingly ran a finger along the smudge on the outside of the bag and stuck it in my mouth. *headdesk* Was a tad hivey by the time I went to bed, and my skin was AAAAGH the next day. Plus bonus fatigue, but that could also be chalked up to, y'know, being on my feet all day and being up til 2.
Quote of the Day
"I firmly believe in small gestures: pay for their coffee, hold the door for strangers, over tip, smile or try to be kind even when you don't feel like it, pay compliments, chase the kid's runaway ball down the sidewalk and throw it back to him, try to be larger than you are-- particularly when it's difficult. People do notice, people appreciate. I appreciate it when it’s done to (for) me. Small gestures can be an effort, or actually go against our grain ("I'm not a big one for paying compliments..."), but the irony is that almost every time you make them, you feel better about yourself. For a moment life suddenly feels lighter, a bit more Gene Kelly dancing in the rain."
* Method cleaning products = major fail. pixelfish breaks it down.
* UN unveils Network of Men to fight abuse of women . :)
* Arisia folks - anyone got room in their room for perldiver?
* These terrariums are totally on my wishlist.
* Guys, I kinda love Vanilla Ice. I mean, you know I know "Ice Ice Baby" by heart. But also I really like his brutal honesty with himself.
* You guys know there are more Muppet videos, right?
* The breakdown on why Bella and Edward have an abusive relationship, plus why only David Cronenberg could do justice to a movie version of Breaking Dawn.
* Hundreds, if not thousands, of lobbyists are likely to be ejected from federal advisory panels as part of a little-noticed initiative by the Obama administration to curb K Street's influence in Washington, according to White House officials and lobbying experts.
Beautiful deep-sea creatures.
I must post Interfictions 2 auction post and Mall of Shadesong post. Otherwise I have a few story commissions and a whole lot of sorting stuff out to do; this is my last full week at home, so I must get my ducks in order.