Something that ought to be said, because I'm getting "thank goodness you're all better!" feedback from people...
Yes, I'm doing better. But this is not a cure.
There's no cure for fibromyalgia. I still need naps, though less often. I'm still in pain daily - it's just a general baseline of 3 instead of 5. My memory is better, but I will still forget things.
And there's definitely no cure for epilepsy.
Trust me, if ever they find a cure? I will be shouting from the rooftops. You will know.
I'm doing a lot better, but do keep in mind that I am not Cured.
I really need to put the computer away after I take my Lunesta. This is a few times too many that I've found embarrassing chat logs in the morning. *blush*
Your chance to do good!
I have two friends doing the breast cancer 3-day walk. You can sponsor hammercock here and taura_g here.
* Obama makes explicit his objection to DOMA.
* Going to Pi-Con? Enter this contest!
* Article on Landmark Forum. (My first husband's family dragged me to one of these once.)
* squirrel_monkey muses on why we relate to men better.
* Get your Supreme Court and presidential t-shirt geekery on at blergeatkitty's new store!
* For the three people who haven't sen "Date My Avatar" yet. There you go.
* This ceiling reminds me of felisdemens.
For more than 20 years, the only known superconductors that worked far above liquid-helium temperatures were a few dozen compounds—virtually all based on copper. Now scientists have discovered the first high-temperature superconductors based on iron. These novel materials could help unravel one of the biggest mysteries in science—how exactly the high-temperature versions work.
Editing and auction stuff. Hopefully also a bit of writing. But Elayna's been on her computer this whole damn trip, so I also have to drag her out and get her doing stuff, which kinda hampers my ability to get anything done myself. Wish me luck.
EDIT: Screw that, because my grandmother is on her way here to spend the day with us. So that's another workday stolen.