Hello to new reader taliakit!
Saturday was full-on "this is going to be a two-week flu", complete with chills and fever, skin oversensitivity, mild delirium, et cetera.
Sunday was "I don't want to go on the cart"... brain was feeling better, but body was overall weak, as if recovering from said flu, and breathing is still chancy. Plus, snot goblins in the chest.
Today: Still have a sore throat, still having the helpless coughing fits, but... otherwise... hopefully okay. Cursing my body's timing, though, as I really wanted to go to Kyth's on Saturday.
EDIT: At least the steroid cream is working; I am no longer desperately tearfully fire-ant-stung. Skin is healing. Slowly, but I'm not having stabbing pains, so I can be patient. Ish.
For those who don't read over the weekend - my poem "When Her Eyes Open" is up at Lone Star Stories!
Other People's Writing
* Contest! Personally, I'm eagerly awaiting Deader Still. :)
* It is the dawn of a new age in the Multiverse. The balance of power is shifting and Agents of Artifice brings readers to the heart of a planeswalker struggle... Specifically written to be a good jumping-on point. :)
* Papercamp intrigues me.
* And I find myself wanting to take up knitting. The sky pattern appeals to me, and the BART concept could easily be modified for the T...
* Actually, I love everything here.
* Never thought I'd say this, but - I'm with you, Ashlee Simpson.
* Carnivorous Lampshade Robot Runs On Flies It Catches. Dude.
* Fake novelizations in 1960s style. You have to check out Highlander.
* Yes. This.
A new brain-imaging study is shedding light on what it means to "get lost" in a good book — suggesting that readers create vivid mental simulations of the sounds, sights, tastes and movements described in a textual narrative while simultaneously activating brain regions used to process similar experiences in real life.
413 U.S. 15 Miller vs. California: aromas of leather, cognac, fig, ripe berry, and cream, stuffed into a plain brown paper bag
In bottle: Berryfig, with a darker undernote.
On me: Heavy on the fig and cognac. I'm hoping for leather. Dark and yummy.
Snake Charmer Resurrected: Sensual, sibilant, sexual and hypnotic: Arabian musk and exotic spices slinking through Egyptian amber, enticing vanilla, and a serpentine blend of black plum, labdanum, ambrette, benzoin and black coconut.
In bottle: Musky musk.
On me: Musk and plum. Musky plum. Some vanilla. Resins. I like it, but it's not ZOMG MUST HOARD, which is most people's reactions to Snake Charmer.
Thorns: Thorn-spiked vines, blood, and tears.
In bottle: Airy and bitter.
On me: Yep, bitter. More the blood accord than anything else.
Rumplestilzchen: Firewood and ash with an oddly otherworldly blend of patchouli, cardamom, nutmeg, black pepper, tonka, vetiver, and myrrh
In bottle: Ooooh, here we go. Vetiver and myrrh make a delicious smoky dirty background.
On me: Wood and ash and peppery smoke. Cardamom and nutmeg make it lickable. Wonderfully complex.
Stuff I didn't get around to last week. Immersion in Victoriana for Telenias's story.
Get your own valentinr