Today's special: Music!
* dustyskinandall: "How to Take the Fall" (samples there!).
* kradical: "The latest CD from the parody band the Boogie Knights, for whom I play percussion, is available from the band's web site. Entitled Many a Sleepless Knight, the CD includes the following:
"Banned from the Renaissance" (parody of "Back in the U.S.S.R.")
"Act Like a Magician" ("Walk Like an Egyptian")
"House on Pooh Corner" ("House of the Rising Sun")
"I'll Rock Your World" ("I Melt with You")
"Fair Verona" ("My Sharona"; this sets the actual text from Romeo and Juliet to "My Sharona"....)
"Immaterial Girl" ("Material Girl")
"The Seven" ("Freya, Shakti")
"Puff Revisited" ("Puff the Magic Dragon," this is the aftermath to the song it's parodying)
"I Rammed His Ship with Mine" ("I Saw Her Standing There")
"I Walk the Road" ("Boulevard of Broken Dreams," this is narrated by Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz)
"Where O Where Art Thou Tonight?" ("PFFT You Were Gone")
"Better Not Tell Him" ("Better Not Tell Her")
"I Wanna Be Your Wife's Guard" ("I Wanna Be a Lifeguard")
"Brewing in Elsinore" ("Looking Out My Back Door")
"Dungeon Blues" (this one's original)
"That Don't Excite Me Much" ("That Don't Impress Me")
"The Hobbit Hole" ("Rattlin' Bog")
Samples of the above can be found at the band's web site, and you can mail order from the site, or get them from Bill Roper or Southern Fried Filk."
* s00j: "Tricky Pixie: Celtic Rock for Naughty Faeries
I will sing ye pirate songs and tell ye pirate stories -
S. J. Tucker's music is the perfect mix of witty and weighty - she's 'the maddest hatter on the Bardic path.'
New Album PIRATE GIRLS currently in production!
Ginger Doss - where spirit and music meet
Bekah Kelso - common sense, uncommon Soul
and the rest of the GBMojo network, with gorgeous clothing by LYNG Designs and more!
The bard is back from Faerieland, with a lot to say. Do you dare to listen?"
* solcita: "How about Gaia Consort? We're available in several different places (CDBaby, iTunes), and you can listen to all the music before you buy on the Lyrics page. Purchasing details can be found on our Merchandise page, where you can now order the new DVD of our February 2008 show, "Concert for the Rainforest"! Also on the merch page is gorgeous clothing tie-dyed, designed and produced by lead singer Sue Tinney. (Our cellist, Betsy, plays with Sooj in Tricky Pixie!)
Latest band news is that Gaia Consort is going to be evolving into a new project, Bone Poets Orchestra, but with most of the same energy and great musicians that have made Gaia Consort what it is. suddenlynaked is hard at work writing new material. The first Bone Poets Orchestra tune debuted in October and can be heard here!"
* tewok: "I'm in the band Port Righ. I play pipes and concertina, and I sing. We have one CD called "Na Bi Gorach", which is Scots Gaelic for "Don't Be Foolish". We mostly do traditional Scottish music, with a bit of Irish, English, and American folk. My wife is Jo Morrison, and she's a superb Celtic harper. She's got five CDs, including her most recent "Flights of Fantasy" which is all original music. All these CDs are available from celtic-harp.com and from CD Baby."
* woodwindy: "My band Burlap Lute plays fun medieval/Renaissance/Celtic folk fusion using both period and modern instruments. Our first album is available at CDBaby for your listening pleasure. (I should note that the band isn't performing at the moment due to kids, life, etc. -- but I hope people will enjoy the CD anyway) For those who like their early music hardcore, our harper/violinist has his own solo, "purer" album, also available at CDBaby."
Support your friendly neighborhood buskers! And tell me if you've got music to sell!