* laurelian: "My love had a stroke Friday. Fortunately it was very minor, but it was still a stroke and I'd love some suggestions/advice on after-care for someone who has suffered a stroke and on anything that might help with neurological recovery."
* eustaciavye: "I need some advice and help on how to submit my first piece for publication. Its that faerie story. I have no idea where to send it or how one goes about such a thing!"
* sarapada: "Please help me convince myself that I need to take this giant leap."
* jennythe_reader: "I could use an objective person to talk to about my life, and hopefully get some advice from. "
* wyld_dandelion: "I need to find a way to speed up work on the house, plastering & such, and to supplement my income to pay for little things like heating oil. I'd love to find some way I can afford to make my very old home more "green" energy-wise.
I'd also love to find someone who I like and trust who is willing to critique my writing, without joining a writer's group and having to critique theirs. I enjoy being a part of a writer's group, but I'm short on time and don't see my available time expanding any time soon. (The last time I was in a writer's group, I realized I was spending more time reading and critiqueing than writing, which seemed counter-productive.)"
* sheistheweather:"I have an overwhelmingly cluttered and messy bedroom, and do not know where to start. Anyone have any good ideas/advice?"
* malinaldarose asks "How do I get my husband to come home? Failing that, how do I put my life back together?"
* devoken says "I have a hard time identifying non-grand mal seizures. I know that I have absence seizures and complex partials and *probably* simple partials. However, I'm also just plain spacey, and I always have been. How do I tell the difference between spacing out and having a seizure?"
* just_the_ash says "I need help finding out how to finance my Ph.D. in African American literature. This one's a toughie; I can't apply this year because I'm still in the last months of a Chapter 13 bankruptcy (my then-husband frivolously got cancer and ran up some nightmarish copays), and that bars me from even borrowing against my own IRA CD...I think what I also need is a housemate, and it would help if said nonsmoking, non-cat-owning person were madly in love with me and didn't mind that I had over 9000 books."
* gentleeleos needs friends in Cincinnati.
* kythryne: "I wouldn't mind making a few new friends who live less than an hour away from me. (I'm in Concord, NH.) Especially if they'd like to go to water aerobics classes with me at the Y on Tuesday and Thursday nights."
* delerone: "I'm a shy, vaguely geeky 22 year old living in the Boston suburbs. I'd love to make some new friends, but I don't have the faintest idea where to look. Any advice?"
* sirena73: "I've recently relocated back to Southern California (Orange County), and need two things; a job, and some friends. For the friends: anything goes. I'm geeky, full of random, and read more books a year than is probably healthy. Check my profile if you want to know more, or message me."
* sindrian: "I've just started a three month internship at K'nex just north of Philly and I would love to meet some people in the area. If they polyamorous, pagan, geeky, and/or just plain crazy, this would be a bonus."
* aurora_lamour:"I'd like to find friends, especially those who would like to be in a writing group, in the Oklahoma City area. "
Needing a Place to Live
* jetshade needs help finding a new, more affordable place to live (Boston area).
* nex0s is looking for "a multi-unit (less than 6 apt.) building in NYC - Manhattan, Bklyn, Queens or the Bronx, within 45 minutes of Manhattan on the train. Under 600K. At least one room must be 18'x18' min, with a 10' minimum ceiling. Oh, and there has to be either an outside garden, or a good flat roof. Total SF should be about 3000 at minimum, but more is OK. Should be at least 2 units."
* littlebuhnee says "Baby Drayke Crom is a micro-preemie that needs a transplant to help save his life. Donations towards his medical fund are welcome."
* intuition_ist says: "I'd love to find someone who's good at hanging pictures -- I have some random art that I'd like to put up, but i'm dreadful at finding time/energy/clue to get good hardware and actually use it. help?" (Boston area.)
Needing Something Else
* rowancat wants:"an up to three year old, healthy, female, very affectionate Seal Point or Chocolate Point Siamese Cat."
* maxymyllyn: "I need quality distraction from today."
* ysobelle says: "There is a box. It's perhaps four inches square, and six inches high. It's completely sealed. No windows, no grates, nothing. It looks like nothing. But when you gently shake it, it has chimes inside that ring and make the wood vibrate. It sounds like a harmony ball, or Chinese medicine (bao ding) balls. I had one, given to me by a friend. I gave it to someone else. I'm longing to find one again, and have been looking for eight years now. No one knows where it was made, or even what it's properly called. Help?"
* siliconshaman: "Sanctuary! Sanctuary! Seriously...I want to build one. Try to picture a place that offers sanctuary for people who do not fit into modern life. That's founded on mutual tolerance and respect of diversity. That's equal parts ren-fare and Burningman on a permanent basis. Some place that isn't 'normal'. I honestly wouldn't know where to begin with it...but that's my dream. A Geektopia. Why.. because the way things are going, we need it. It'd be about 50 to 100 acres of woodland some place isolated and whole lot of yurts/huts/tents/cabins whatevers. [and cats, you have to have cats in a sanctuary]I guess I need people who also share this dream.... or it's just gonna be me and the cats."
And there you have it!
Sorry it took me so long to get around to this; it's been a maddening few weeks, with me actually out of the house and rushing from meeting to appointment to whatever most of last week. This week will be better.
Please do read through all three of these posts when you have time. You might be able to help someone, possibly in a way you never thought of. Thanks, y'all. :)