Wind Tunnel Dreams
Dear reader, I am crazy.
After all of my wibbling about WTD vs. other writing... Kyth and I sat down Saturday to choose our prompts and ended up with 18 favorites. 18. We needed to winnow it down to 5.
But we really couldn't. The prompts were just too good.
So I looked at the calendar and I looked at Kyth and I said "You know, there are only 22 weekdays this month..."
So you get Wind Tunnel Dreams every weekday.
I don't think I'll find this frustrating or draining, because it's me playing with a friend. We'll see. This'll definitely decide the fate of WTD for the rest of 2008, and it'll hopefully give me the seeds of more stories.
Blogathon artifact stories: DONE. All up on Never Silent.
Shayara bonus story for Blogathon sponsors: Will be Katrina's story - Katrina, the Telenias before he was the Telenias, and Stephen ni'Tamra.
Places You Haunt bonus storylet for August's WTD sponsors: Will be written this week. Probably today or tomorrow.
Surgery on "Ondine": Thursday or Friday.
It is difficult to structure my time. Given my brainstuff and bodystuff, I may only have one hour on a given day to sync the writerbrain with the traitorous body. I spent a chunk of yesterday staring blankly at the computer because my brain had decided it was naptime. There are times you can write through brainfog and it just won't be good writing/make sense, and there are just times when making your body work enough to type is a no-go. So. You get a loose schedule. Wind Tunnel Dreams come through in concentrated bursts; I have yet to spend more than half an hour writing them. So maybe I could do WTD --> nap --> short story or novel writing. We'll see. It's all experimentation.
* Gustav wiki.
* Gustav resources.
* Every Chick tract. For $15.
* Speaking of the Telenias, he'd totally wear this. (Gold is his House color, even.)
* Trailer for No Heroics. I am intrigued!
Link Soup: The World Pisses Me Off Edition
* Why Soldiers Rape.
* Protesters here in Minneapolis have been targeted by a series of highly intimidating, sweeping police raids across the city, involving teams of 25-30 officers in riot gear, with semi-automatic weapons drawn, entering homes of those suspected of planning protests, handcuffing and forcing them to lay on the floor, while law enforcement officers searched the homes, seizing computers, journals, and political pamphlets.
* Why Palin Sucks.
* This Palin story is intriguing. (More here)
Engineers at Georgia Tech have used skin cells to create artificial bones that mimic the ability of natural bone to blend into other tissues such as tendons or ligaments. The artificial bones display a gradual change from bone to softer tissue rather than the sudden shift of previously developed artificial tissue, providing better integration with the body and allowing them to handle weight more successfully.
jenphalian and lbitw are here! So Wind Tunnel Dreams will be this afternoon.