Happy birthday to patron of the arts australian_joe!
Meh. Fatigue. I blame the continued monsoon season.
Iiiii have to fit a lot into two days. So this is going to be more a "this is what happened" thing than a note-by-note thing. Also, I'm writing with Miss Kid around, so I get jarred out of the world by "Have you seen my pencil sharpener?" a lot.
Up to $200. :) I really need "patron of the arts" icons and banners to give away.
mllelaurel's great idea: next_book. This community operates on the 'If you like Book X, you'll love Books Y and Z' principle. You make a post for a particular book (checking first to see if such post already exists.) Someone else who liked this book as well comments with titles of similar books they also liked. And so forth.
Sale! Or Non-Sale!
Over at Norilana Books, featuring such authors as sartorias, catvalente, norilana herself, and many more!
* Trent Reznor's Year Zero to become an HBO series
* Polyamory in the media.
* Someday I want to take a road trip to places like the Forevertron and the Watts Towers.
Link Soup, Daily Science Edition
* Spaceship could fly faster than light
* Rat-brain robot aids memory study
* Neanderthal murder mystery
* Quantum weirdness wins again: Entanglement clocks in at 10,000+ times faster than light