Happy birthday to crystalsage and mr_wombat!
Hello to new reader bluestalking!
Still pretty spoonless. I need to go to the library and drugstore, but otherwise, this may be a day of rest.
Help a friend! sindrian needs a fall industrial design internship.
1. It has to be related to industrial design (basically the design of any physical product that isn't a building or clothing).
2. I have to have a boss overseeing my work.
3. I have to be paid.
4. I have to work for around 12 weeks (it can be a little shorter or longer if necessary) between August 30th and January 5th.
My portfolio (with resume) can be found at:
Contact him at his LJ for more info, and ask around!
I'm going to Vegas on Monday. *falls over* This is the point in trip planning where I start fussing about not wanting to leave my nice cozy home, but simultaneously being excited because... trip! Vegas!
Other sources of mild flail: Vegas is a place that used to be home. What made it home was the people, though, the community. And the community's broken, and the people are dead or gone. I am visiting the bones of my first home.
And using them to build Places You Haunt.
(Gods, I'm looking forward to getting back to writing.)
The Rest of August
Elayna's last day of Explo is the day I return from Vegas. No big plans that weekend.
The next week... is totally free. Paradise week. Where Elayna and I can just wander off and do anything.
Adam's mom arrives that Friday, for the weekend; my parents arrive that Saturday, for the week. Will be spending that week in Cap Cod.
After that - PiCon. Can anyone give me a ride to PiCon from Boston?
* This will only be okay if Joss Whedon writes it. Or Brian K. Vaughan. The good thing about it is that they can't have Faaaaaaaaaamke Jansen as young Jean Grey. (I'm sorry, for the most part, the X-movies have been eXtremely eXcreble. Mostly due to their refusal to hire real actors. I'm looking at you, non-Phoenix and not-Storm. Also not-Cyclops. Et cetera.)
* Of special interest to the singers out there: The man with the 300-year-old-voice. He may be the only man on the planet who can sing [the role of Atis in Reinhart Keiser's 1711 opera The Fortunes of King Croesus] at pitch, which goes up to a B natural, two octaves above middle C. Like a castrati, but, y'know, without the genital mutilation.
NASA scientists have concluded that at least one of the large lakes observed on Saturn’s moon Titan contains liquid hydrocarbons, and have positively identified the presence of ethane. This makes Titan the only body in our solar system beyond Earth known to have liquid on its surface.