Hello to new readers extreme_jew, flutterbychild, leeann_marie, and the_flea_king!
Achy like whoa. Not unexpected, after five days of high activity. Didn't require the cane on Saturday, but did on Sunday and Monday. Am curled up on the couch now, recuperating and catching upon Google Reader and hoping that this will settle and not spike. Pain sucks.
The good news is that I've yet to exhibit any sign of the now-famous WisCon stomach flu, despite multiple points of contact with carriers. *crosses fingers*
* That may have been the best-run con I've ever been to, for many reasons, all of which I'll write up later (we could possibly incorporate some into Arisia - treatment of people with disabilities especially.)
* I cannot possibly list everyone I met. I am short-term memory loss lass. I will leave someone out, and they will be sad. Seriously, I met so many people, and they/you were all awesome.
* We already have our room booked for next year!
* I have my first elisem necklace; it's called "Love in Graveyards",it's longer than I am tall, and I have to write about it. *nod*
* Again - I totally recommend the Writer's Workshop. (If you're a writer. If you're not...not so much.) I've already started making structural changes in Places You Haunt, and have the list of other notes in my Scrivener file. People with the chops to Know are excited about this. Which makes me triply excited.
* I'll likely do a panel-by-panel writeup later. *nod*
A University of Melbourne team has broken new ground, extracting genes from the extinct tasmanian tiger and bringing them back to life in another living creature.
The team put the thylacine DNA into a mouse embryo in what the university's Dr Andrew Pask says is the first time DNA from an extinct species has been used "to induce a functional response in another living organism."
The thylacine DNA reproduced in the mouse's body and showed biological function, reviving hopes that the tiger may one day be successfully cloned.
Rest! Also, Natalie Merchant/Boston Pops concert tonight with kythryne and Amy. :)