Happy Pi Day!
Happy birthday to chown_me!
Happy early birthday to Elayna!, dicotomygrrl,docwebster, and emerald_ibis, who all advance a year over the weekend!
Hello to new readers gumboeditor and zhai!
Last night was the return of ow, but not as bad as it was previously. Massage helps.
I have committed poetry again. *glowers at writerbrain*
So our plans for the first part of the summer = Woods Hole Children's School of Science. Problem is, we're not sure if my aunt will still be living there; she's on the waiting list for an apartment in Pennsylvania, near her daughter (too many memories of my uncle). The condo in Falmouth is up for sale. The realtor isn't optimistic. So it'll probably be unsold this summer. But if she gets the apartment in PA soon, she may opt to rent the condo til it sells.
Which would leave us without a place to crash,and add another thousand dollars toour projected expenses (average one-month summer rental for a one-bedroom apt in the Falmouth/Woods Hole area).
I have all of this filtered through my parents. Today I get to see my aunt, though. So.Wish me luck in the whole being-charming department.
* More sihaya09 jewelry up! I want this or this. And I really want these.
* Another Lost Boys 2 trailer!
* Rob Thomas is updating Beverly Hills 90210. David Fincher is updating Heavy Metal. I have nothing to add to that.
* "Creepy gnome" terrorises town. photognome, what have you been up to?
* Harvey Dent for DA! The Dentmobile is coming to a town near you! Bostonians, it'll be here this weekend! I may haul the family out to Downtown Crossing on Sunday.
* Ceiling Cat is watching you.
Link Soup: Science Edition
* A neckband that translates thought into speech by picking up nerve signals has been used to demonstrate a "voiceless" phone call for the first time. With careful training a person can send nerve signals to their vocal cords without making a sound. These signals are picked up by the neckband and relayed wirelessly to a computer that converts them into words spoken by a computerised voice.
* Top 10 Chemistry Videos.
* Researchers at the University of Michigan Health System have found a key linkage between pain and a specific brain molecule, a discovery that lends new insight into fibromyalgia, an often-baffling chronic pain condition. In patients with fibromyalgia, researchers found, pain decreased when levels of the brain molecule called glutamate went down.
Wearing: Sock monkey PJs, and my hair is braided back because it's driving me nuts.
Reading: The Sharing Knife: Passage by Lois McMaster Bujold.
Writing: Shayara. Poetry, apparently.
Friday: I need to sort out what I've got that's ready to submit and, y'know, submit something. Parents and aunt should be here around 2, and I don't know what we're doing then. Might see a movie tonight.
Saturday: Elayna's birthday! She is having a birthday LARP that includes characters from Wicked, Pirates of the Caribbean, Bleach, Order of the Stick, and many more. Need to get characters from your kids, feste_sylvain, persis, rikibeth!
Sunday: It is a sleepover party, so Sunday will still be full of teenage girls. After we shoo them all out,I would like to go see the Dentmobile.