Happy birthday to whitecrow0!
Wind Tunnel Dreams
A note - the PayPal tipjar on my profile page was still hooked to Adam's old Atlanta work e-mail. So if you sponsored me via that, you'll find that the money has been unclaimed; please redirect to shadesong AT gmail.com. (Thanks for helping us discover that, ysabel!)
Thanks to new sponsor Elizabeth F.!
I'm curious. There are storybits that call out to me for expansion or continuation. Which ones in particular are calling out to you?
Ah - you misunderstand.
Much of the reaction to last night's post bemoaning the incipient emptiness of the house was kinda off-base. (Kinda a lot.)
* It is not an issue of me wanting Stuff To Do; I am far too busy already, and trying to have less going on.
* It is not an issue of be being lonely. I am quite snuggled and well-loved, thank you.
It is that that is The Dream - these specific people just hanging out and reading all day and watching House with bowls of Adam's turkey chili at night, all curled up on the couch under the comfy warm blankie. Stuff like that. It's a simple dream. And it was my normal for a few days. I'm not moping over the lack of People In My House - this dream cannot be recreated by shuffling in random people. It is a Family thing. My Family has just been separated again.
Two Questions for Bostonians
* Anyone able to dye the red streaks back into my hair this week?
* Anyone have any info on this bus line?
Prospective panelists - due to a glitch in the system, not many panelists got the e-mail telling them to go pick out their panels. You should do so now. Friday's the deadline.
At first blush, I have 23. o.O But that's also due to a lot of duplication and overlap. (Case in point - Hands-On Science for Kids is listed twice). Need to narrow it down. My limit is two per day, and I should aim under that limit if possible.
Bit of Beauty
Art from everyday objects. Lots of niftiness!
* Joss Whedon on the writer's strike and the perception of writing as foofyness instead of work.
* Cory Doctorow on the incipient collapse of Facebook.
* Duff Goldman of Charm City Cakes makes kickass Star Wars cakes.
* The backlot of the Watchmen movie. Holy crap, dude.
Rocky terrestrial planets, perhaps like Earth, Mars or Venus, appear to be forming or to have recently formed around a star in the Pleiades ("seven sisters") star cluster, the result of "monster collisions" of planets or planetary embryos.
Astronomers using the Gemini Observatory in Hawaii and the Spitzer Space Telescope report their findings in an upcoming issue of the Astrophysical Journal, the premier journal in astronomy.
"This is the first clear evidence for planet formation in the Pleiades, and the results we are presenting may well be the first observational evidence that terrestrial planets like those in our solar system are quite common," said Joseph Rhee, a UCLA postdoctoral scholar in astronomy and lead author of the research.
* Reschedule rheumatologist appointment
* Write today's Wind Tunnel Dream
* Get house back into pre-Thanksgiving condition
* Finish wrapping $WINTERHOLIDAY gifts
* Mail gifts to all parents
Probably skipping Diesel; have had a very overstimulating week, and I really have only a brief lull til things kick up again. I cut my responsibilities for today in half. Because i'll go nuts at the planned pace.