- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use—or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free—do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf—to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not — it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special."
So here we go! What I want this holiday season...
I don't actually want a hula hoop. I have one. *nods*
3. A queen-size heated mattress pad. Ours is broken. :(
4. Sweaters. I'm good on scarves and wrist-warmers, I have hats - but I need more sweaters. Got any in medium or small that you don't wear anymore?
5. A bath pillow. Love my hot baths, especially in winter; getting the core body temp up really helps. But my neck always hurts. And it's so awkward trying to position my head in the corner of the tub. One of those wee inflatable bath pillows would be lovely.
6. Gift certificates to my massage place. I'm supposed to be getting weekly massage. I'm managing monthly.
Okay, that has been the help-me-with-my-fibro portion of the list.
7. Gift certificates to Wyrding Studios (formerly Wearable Sculpture). Or a membership in the Shiny of the Month Club. Yay shinies!
8. My Amazon wishlist provides lots of options. And I'm totally fine with getting $2 used copies of books on my wishlist, or burned copies of CDs.
9. I still want the Aerodynamically curvaceous shirt. (In medium.)
10. Monies for Wind Tunnel Dreams. :)
(EDIT: And if you want to surprise me, contact Adam (yendi AT livejournal.com) or feste_sylvain.)