Happy birthday to the amazing-beyond-words feste_sylvain!
Hello to new readers displaced_brit, muninnhuginn, and shay_writes!
Same. Chest X-Ray today. Funfunfun! And yesterday, as stated, was a massive exhaustion day. Dragging this morning, but hoping I can get past that.
Local webdesigners (chrystie69, excursively, mirrored_echo; anyone else?), let me know when you have an opening in your schedule! I'd like to sit down with you guys this week and start getting things set up. haikujaguar's drawing the map (yay!), but I need help getting the infrastructure behind it.
Also this week, I must generate a list of buildings that need to be drawn. Not just the Houses, but places like Tyka's coffeehouse and Kelly's Ephemera. Will need help from arty types. Help from arty types on character pics would also be nice.
Basically, I need the site and its already-written content up before my brain will let me focus on the rest of the story.
Last call, I guess! Anyone going from the Boston area? Anyone in the Boston area want to go? Need a ride...
Okay, four partners have e-mailed me this XKCD with the note that it reminds them of me. So I have to post it. (I am not a quiet girl. Heh.)
This one, however, reminds me of Spooky. :)
* The Gashleycrumbs Tinies. In LOLCat.
* Sheep-hog! Sounds like a bad D&D monster. :)
* You might be a Skrull if...
* Top 10 Urban Candy Legends.
If you gave a neuroscientist from 1950 an education in modern neuroscience I have a feeling they'd be pretty shocked by two big ideas that we all take for granted:
1) The brain is a collection of competing parts.* The mind isn't a rational machine, a disembodied blob of intelligence. Instead, our head holds a messy network of different brain areas, many of which do their processing unconsciously. What Adam Smith said about the pin factory is also true of the mind: "It is divided into a number of branches, of which the greater part are likewise peculiar trades."
2) We are very emotional creatures. Take away our feelings and we don't turn into Spock. Instead, we become pathologically indecisive and amoral. You can't separate cognition from emotion.
My big order came! Hunter Moon, Aeaea, and imps of all of the new GCs. And I already know that I hate Aeaea with a screaming passion. Anyone want to swap it for Hunter Moon? Because Hunter Moon is pure sex. Grabs the hindbrain and reels it in and pins it to the mattress. Mmm.
Event Horizon: A disconcerting scent, heavy and oppressive, through which no light, no matter, and no spirit can escape. Black opium, labdanum, opoponax, black orchid, and benzoin.
In bottle: They all hit in sequence. Weird!
On me: Mostly benzoin, little opium, little opoponax. A very *empty* scent. Has a tang to it. Hm.
Schrodinger's Cat: A paradoxical scent experiment! - tangerine, sugared lime, pink grapefruit, oakmoss, lavender, zdravetz, and chocolate peppermint.
In bottle: Mostly lavender. Soft, not spiky.
On me: And out come the citrus fruits. Which I knew was a risk, but hey. Schrodinger's Cat! I had to try it.
* Doctor's office
* Post office
* Call pulmonologist
* Draw up plans for website
* Tackle office!
* Write something that isn't spoilery so y'all can read it
Hi. How was your weekend?