Happy birthday to fiddle_dragon!
Hello to new reader sanba38!
Breathing still compromised, legs and feet still keel like I'm walking on knives; no change.
These are all cut out of paper.
These are all made of books.
* Miss South Carolina says that the American people need maps. Maps for Us now exists to serve that need. :)
* Look, BPALers! An illuminated USB fragrance oil burner!
* Another weird home design link - alien rocking chair.
* Who thought this was a good idea? Forget television integrations or corporate naming rights, Kentucky Fried Chicken's first-ever "scent-focused" pilot program teamed KFC with corporate mail rooms nationwide. Along with carrying inter-office mail, overnight packages and bills, mail carts in Washington, D.C., Chicago and Dallas delivered the aroma of freshly prepared Kentucky Fried Chicken during pre-lunch mail drops.
* Here's one for Adam: Deep Fried Latte – a fried pastry topped with cappuccino ice cream, caramel sauce, whipped cream and instant coffee powder – is one of seven new fair foods that will battle for fried domination in the third annual Big Tex Choice Awards contest on Labor Day.
Scientists at the University of Rochester and the J. Craig Venter Institute have discovered a copy of the genome of a bacterial parasite residing inside the genome of its host species.
The research, reported in today's Science, also shows that lateral gene transfer—the movement of genes between unrelated species—may happen much more frequently between bacteria and multicellular organisms than scientists previously believed, posing dramatic implications for evolution.
Such large-scale heritable gene transfers may allow species to acquire new genes and functions extremely quickly, says Jack Werren, a principal investigator of the study.
Still got a swap/sale going on! Many goodies from many companies, including some BPAL rarities. King of Clubs. Lump of Coal.
Not testing scents today because my brain is just not in that mode.
* Pick up resoled boots
* Diesel. Could use a ride there. Have a ride home. :)