Happy birthday to bahtswana and zarhooie!
I just love it when a doctor's response to a test result is "Well, that's not normal."
Hi! My lung capacity is approximately half what it should be. I now have albuterol, Flonase, an epi-pen, and an appointment with an allergist.
Sequels No One Needed
* "Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson will star in “Witch Mountain” for Walt Disney Pictures. Andy Fickman is directing, and the studio will begin production in March. Johnson, who just teamed with Fickman in the Disney family comedy “The Game Plan,” is in negotiations to play a Las Vegas cab driver who picks up a pair of siblings with magical powers. Plot advances the storyline from the original “Escape to Witch Mountain,” which Disney released in 1975. "
* "Lost Boys II: The Tribe is "like X Games meets Jackass," Says exec producer Mary Viola."
If you'll pardon me, I'm going to go spork my eyes out now.
The Decline and Fall of LJ
Stats here, analysis here and here.
* HowToons: make stuff!
* Best T-shirt design ever. Comics geeks, click through!
* Tessa Farmer’s miniscule sculptures reinvigorate a belief in fairies: not the sweet Tinkerbell image in popular conscience, but a biological, entomological, macabre species translating pastoral fable into nightmarish lore. Constructed from bits of organic material, such as roots, leaves, and dead insects, each of Farmer’s figures stand barely 1 cm tall, their painstakingly intricate detail visible only through a magnifying glass. Hovering with rarefied, jewel-like beauty, Farmer’s tiny spectacles resound with a theurgist exotica: their specimen forms borrow from Victorian occultism to evolve as something alien and futuristic. Playing out apocalyptic narratives of a microscopic underworld, Farmer’s manikin wonders rule with baneful fervour: harnessing mayflies, battling honey bees, attacking spindly spiders. Presented as wee preternatural discoveries, Farmer’s sculptures conjure a superstitious premise, dismantling the mythos of fantasia with evidence of something much more gothic, sinister, and bewitching.
* Tiny Teen Titans, by Art Baltazar and Franco Aureliani!
* Hypercolor sofa. To go with though Hypercolor shower tiles.
* XKCD is right on the money again.
t was as if someone had poured tons of coffee and milk into the ocean, then switched on a giant blender. Suddenly the shoreline north of Sydney were transformed into the Cappuccino Coast. Foam swallowed an entire beach and half the nearby buildings, including the local lifeguards' centre, in a freak display of nature at Yamba in New South Wales. It stretched for 30 miles out into the Pacific in a phenomenon not seen at the beach for more than three decades.
Scientists explain that the foam is created by impurities in the ocean, such as salts, chemicals, dead plants, decomposed fish and excretions from seaweed. All are churned up together by powerful currents which cause the water to form bubbles. These bubbles stick to each other as they are carried below the surface by the current towards the shore. As a wave starts to form on the surface, the motion of the water causes the bubbles to swirl upwards and, massed together, they become foam. The foam "surfs" towards shore until the wave "crashes", tossing the foam into the air.
Check out those pictures!
Violette: Witchy Cottage: Buttery, spicy gingerbread house with windows made of pure sugar.
In bottle: Ooooh. Buttery sweet spicy.
On me: Light gingerbread, with frosting. :) Ooooh, yummy.
Violette: Woodspice: Warm cardamom, hot ginger, Indian patchouli and earthy woods.
In bottle: The earthy woods, with a touch of spice.
On me: This is so faint. Bit of patchouli, bit of spice, but barely there.
Possets: Giddy: Chocolate and vanilla with lashings of a creamy sugar-buzz inducing fragrance which will make you feel like licking your arm.
In bottle: Artificial chocolate.
On me: Artificial chocolate. :P
Woobie: Sourpuss: Pucker up! Freshly squeezed tart lemon. A great energy enhancing scent.
...I'm not touching this one.
* Drop off new prescriptions (pick up after Curves)
* Curves and other Watertown-Square errands
* Date with feste_sylvain. :)