"Well, the people reading my book will be smarter than you and will therefore know that word."
"This music is why you don't have a basic grasp of the English language."
"That may be the stupidest thing you've ever said."
"I take it back - that's the stupidest thing you've ever said."
The one time we briefly got into it was regarding the quality, or lack thereof, of the music she was subjecting us to. I kvetched, as I am wont to do, and she flew off the freakin' handle with a diatribe about how I need to not judge her music and how I suck, et cetera, and how dare I say it's not music.
Me: "It isn't. It's someone whining and/or rapping over Casio Keyboard track #3. There is no singing. There are no musical instruments." (Keep in mind, Dear Reader, that there is hip-hop I don't mind. Stuff like "Buy U a Drank" - and there are no typos there, that is the actual name of the song - != music.)
Sister: "Oh, so, everything you listen to has musical instruments?"
Me: "Um, yeah."
Sister: "How do you know? Are you there?"
Me: "How do I know a drum from a drum machine?"
Me: "That is a mind-bogglingly stupid question."
Other highlights of the conversation:
Me: "There's no need to be so combative about it."
Me: "There is no need for you to be so combative."
Her: "What does that mean?"
Me, too fed up to explain middle-school-level English to my grown sister: "Aggressive. Antagonistic."
Her: "God. Speak English."
Me: "See also: Bitchy."
So yeah. How's by you?
In other news:
* flight was blessedly uneventful, though I'm still extra-achy from it. The bursitis pain keeps getting worse.
* swimming today; will write about the bliss of being immersed in water later.
* also shopping today; Elayna has a massive new camp wardrobe. By humble comparison, I have a new skirt. But it is polka-dot. And has pockets.
* dinner tonight with one of Mom's friends. I have never liked this woman; she has always been shrill and abrasive. Now she is also freakin' cadaverous. The woman's face is falling in. *shudder*
* my future brother-in-law has my sister's name tattooed on his calf in gangsta-Gothic lettering. This wedding is going to be fun. Oh yeah.
*sigh* *stretch* Bedtime. Tomorrow I see enderfem + chemokitty and felisdemens + J, I think? We need to work out details on that...