Happy birthday to oneagain, theloriest, and tofu_cat!
Hello to new readers farwing and lightcastle!
...ow. Today will be a resting day. Overdone and underslept.
I'm in Ur Comics, Punching Ur Continuity
Yet another reason to love Monkey!
Eight random things about me
1. The smell of citrus makes me violently ill.
2. I have been defended by priests. Well, one priest. But it was on Fremont Street (before it was Disneyland) and I was in fishnets. So.
3. When eating Oreos at my house, you must take one from each column. The columns must remain even. If you are still hungry, you may have [insert multiple of three] more. Grabbing from just one column makes me twitchy.
4. I have too many earrings. Want some?
5. I would be happier were I employed. My body won't let me hold down a job, not in the near future. I am trying to come to terms with my disabilities without accepting that they are permanent, because I worry that if I accept them as permanent, I won't try as hard.
6. I have never seen Die Hard. Or The Terminator.
7. One of the things I'm most grateful for is having my hair back. Silly. Vain. But with that and the weight re-gain, I feel like I've gained little victories against the bodyfuckery.
8. I got through the batshit-crazy-making Cymbalta detox without self-injury, without injuring anyone else, et cetera. I win.
There. Now. Consider yourself tagged if you want to be, and not-tagged if you don't want to be.*nod*
Anyone going out to oneagain and goddessfarmer's party Sunday from the Boston area, and have room for three tagalongs? We'd want to go around noon. It's... in New Hampshire. Pleae save Adam from driving to New Hampshire.
The lightless depths of the Antarctic's Southern Ocean harbor a unexpectedly diverse "treasure trove" of marine life, including more than 700 previously unknown species, according to a study released Wednesday.
Kelly Pool: Worsted wool, teakwood, and bois du rose.
In bottle: Yep. Wool. How does she *do* that?
On me: And the rose comes up. This is... great-gramma's wool sweaters, stored in the closet, liberally spritzed with her perfume.
Stranger in Camp: Evergreen, damp grass, woodsmoke, birch bark, cedar, and Terebinth pine.
In bottle: Mmmm. Mostly pine and evergreens - almost tactile.
On me: Cool, sharp - quiet in the center of these woods. Stop. Breathe. Bark under your hands, sunlight filtering through the pines. One of the things I love about BPAL forest blends is that every blend smells *different*, like every forest does. Glad I oredered a bottle of this forest-at-sunrise. :)
Harlot: Based on a Romany incense blend reputed to induce sexual dreams: Somalian rose, Moroccan rose and Bulgar rose with a sultry dribble of cinnamon.
In bottle: Rose, but not *strong*.
On me: Hm. Yep. Very light rose, with a dusting of cinnamon. It is not Bitchslap Of Rose, and I like cinnamon, but I already have Seance and Zombi for the rose thing.
The Isles of Demons: Twin islands near Newfoundland, now lost, that were believed to be gateways to Hell. The scent is of wet, dark greenery, carnivorous flowers, volcanic gas, and the hot black musk of the demons and wild beasts that populated the islands.
In bottle: Dark green and musky.
On me: It's *sharper* on me than in the bottle. I'm not certain of this one. We'll see how it evolves.
I've updated my swap/sale post with everything I didn't like from this decant circle, so if you're looking for new LEs, check it out! Or even if you aren't. Mama needs PayPal balance.
Wearing: Flamingo pajams. Last night, I wore my "-1 STR/+1 CHA" shirt, jeans, penguin socks, pirate sneakers, and Def Leppard leather jacket.
Reading: Titans of Chaos by John C. Wright, Ink by Hal Duncan, and comics.
Elayna is Reading: Incantation by Alice Hoffman.
Planning: Movies and dinner with oneagain and her crew tonight, birthday thing for theloriest tomorrow morning, Girl Scout camp-in at the Museum of Science tomorrow night/Sunday morning, goddessfarmer & oneagain's party Sunday afternoon.