* My daughter forgot her keys and her cell phone.
* Either she or one of her friends - who shouldn't have been there in the first place, as Elayna is not allowed to have friends over til she's finished her homework for a week - had the bright fucking idea to try to pick the lock with a twig from the landlord's mulch.
* They failed their DEX roll. And their WIS roll, come to think of it.
* So I come home from walking to Curves, working out, and walking back - over three miles total - desperately achy and in need of a shower and a nap, to see three preteen would-be Houdinis sitting on the front stoop locking guilty.
* The landlords are not home. Adam's phone has no reception in the library. I pack up the kids and drive to the library - did I mention that I'm not supposed to be fucking driving? - because I can't walk. Adam looks p the landlor's work number. No hits. Adam looks up Watertown locksmiths. He finds some. I go forth and limp to the nearest one. It does not exist. I find another one. It's closed. I limp back.
As things stand now, the kids are huddled on the library stairs, Adam's trying to call emergency locksmiths, and I'm not fucking moving until I hear "the locksmith is on his way."
Which I just heard, so TBC.