* Quote of the day: "It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." --e.e. cummings
* Another pod for to be sleeping in.
* Creepy old ads like whoa.
* Davis Square zombie crawl Damn, I love Boston.
* What he said.
And not-link stuff...
* State of the 'song: I think I can make it up the stairs today. Go me.
* To focus my brain, a 33 Things About Me meme that I swiped from drwex :
33 Things About You (meme)
(gakked from rednikki, edited to suit my own desires) I'd like to know 33 things about you. It doesn't matter if I know you personally or otherwise. If you'd like to play, please post your answers by commenting to this post or in your own LJ with a note here to that effect.
1. Can you cook?
Not so much. Not that I was any great shakes at it before, but emporal lobe epilepsy put a screaming halt to any stovetop maneuvers. I can bake, though. My molasses cookies and chocolate bourbon cake are particularly awesome.
2. What was your dream growing up?
First, I wanted to be a ballerina. Then I grew out of that brand of self-abuse and into another: writing. *wry smile*
3. What talent do you wish you had?
I wish I could sing.
4. Favorite place?
I like this little house. But also - Woods Hole and Las Vegas.
5. Favorite vegetable?
This is going to start the what's-a-vegetable wars, isn't it? I like sweet p'tatas best. Also a big fan of asparagus, broccoli, and carrots.
6. What was the last book you read?
D*U*C*K, by Poppy Z. Brite - the latest Rickey & G-Man story. This one actually made me tear up at the end - it was written post-Katrina, and she said in the preface that she knew she'd have to deal with what Katrina did to her beloved city sooner or later, but she just wanted to hold this novelette separate. One last story before the destruction. So most of the book had nothing to do with Katrina, and was very Old New Orleans, like Liquor and its sequels... but the last chapter in particular was a love poem to a city that no longer exists, particularly the very last paragraph: In the panoramic shimmer of lights, water, and sky, Rickey thought he could glimpse the future: true love, great food, Bobby Hebert coming to eat at his restaurant, the Saints winning the Super Bowl, the city of New Orleans standing whole, strong, beautiful forever. I don't cry often or easily, but... you know how after someone you love has died, sometimes you'll dream about them as if they're still alive, and then you start to feel yourself waking up, and you *cling* to that dream, try to stay asleep - "Please, I'll deal with it tomorrow, just give me one more day-" It felt like witnessing that in someone else. Poppy knows she'll have to write about it, have to destroy Rickey & G-Man's world. But - just one more day, just one more book, please.
7. What zodiac sign are you, and how much does it matter?
Pisces. So's my sister. Therefore, I do not believe in astrology.
8. Any Tattoos and/or Piercings?
My ears are pierced. Nothing else, and no tattoos.
9. Worst Habit?
10. Do we know each other outside of LJ; if so, how?
Since I stole this from Wex: Yep. :)
11. What is your favorite spectator sport?
12. Do you generally have a pessimistic or optimistic attitude?
Despite everything, I'm an optimist. I have to be!
13. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
For Wex: Finally get a chance to talk to you for more than 30 seconds.
14. Worst thing to ever happen to you?
15. Tell me one weird fact about you:
I can puff my neck out like a lizard. No, seriously. I probably shouldn't, though. *wry grin* I am chock full of birth defects!
16. Do you have any pets?
Yep - three cats.
17. Do you collect anything, as a hobby?
Comics, penguins, old keys... lots of things.
18. When was the last time you saw a sunrise?
*blink* Hm. I do not remember.
19. Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
Depends on the clown. Spooky's boss is cute.
20. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
Only one thing? *laugh* Hm. I'd take a bit off my belly. *jiggles pooch* (If I could do two things? Restore my hair to its pre-sickness thickness and length.)
21. Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
Partner in crime!
22. What color eyes do you have?
23. Ever been arrested?
24. Bottle or Draft?
Draft root beer at Wild Willy's! (I do not drink beer. Beer is gross.)
25. If you won $10,000 dollars today, what would you do with it?
That goes toward a deposit on our eventual house.
26. What's your favorite fidget toy?
Most of my necklaces and bracelets have things on them that I can fidget with. Also,I have a stack of three thin silver rings on my left index finger that I play with.
27. Where do you go to relax (that is not home)?
28. Do you believe in ghosts?
29. Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Sex! :) Um, besides that? I read a lot. I spend time with Miss Kid.
30. Do you swear a lot?
Oh fuck yeah.
31. Biggest pet peeve?
Extraneous apostrophes. An apostrophe does not mean "beware of oncoming 's'"!
32. Describe yourself in one word or one song lyric?
"If you want to be immortal/you've got to have something to trade in."
33. Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you?