Happy birthday to me! And also to my birthday twins ambelies, ladysea, and shugenja! And Dr. Seuss!
Happy early birthday to servermonkey, solcita, and water_childe (who has challenged me to a duel!), who all advance over the weekend!
Hello to new reader butterflymama3 and returning reader sandandsilk!
Fibromyalgia is a great anatomy lesson. Tensing while one's Dom is doing evil things to you hurts the chest, neck, and upper back. Sex, when taken from behind, strains the tops of one's thighs. Et cetera.
So worth it, though. :)
There's a lunar eclipse for my birthday!
There's a BPAL update for my birthday!
* ARIES -- March 21 – April 19 / Cardinal fire: the essence of identity. / Black pepper, honeysuckle, opoponax, dragon’s blood, and wild ginger. I am not myself an Aries. But I'm married to one. Regardless of astrology, I may need this...
* THE IDES OF MARCH 2007 -- The Ides marked an auspicious time in the Roman calendar. Depending on the month in question, the Ides fell on the thirteenth or fifteenth, and usually marked the Full Moon. As we all know, it was not an auspicious day for Julius Caesar, nor was it fortuitous for H.P. Lovecraft, who also met his maker on this infamous day. Tu quoque, Brute, fili mi! A mixture of springtime greenery and classical Roman cologne: rosemary, bergamot, lemon rind and vervain with costus, benzoin, gray amber, cardamom, white narcissus and iris. I already have a bunch of imps of this, but I think I need a bottle. For Miss Kid's birthday.
* OSTARA -- The Vernal Equinox. Also called Alban Eilir and the Festival of Trees. At this time, we welcome the reawakening of the Earth after winter’s long sleep. Sap flows, flowers bud, the world itself is exuberant, and the vitality of the universe’s life-force is palpable.
This is a day of rebirth, but it is also a day of balance. Equal parts masculine and feminine, light and dark, mercy and severity, surrender and contemplation.
Our springtime celebratory perfume is crafted with orris root, bergamot, frankincense, daffodil, orange pulp, attar of rose, jonquil, strawberry leaf, benzoin, violet leaf, copal, honey cakes, sweet cream, and the blossoms of springtime. I think I'll try this, if only in a decant circle.
* PINK MOON -- A sweet and silly compliment to the first breath of Spring! Sugared carnation and phlox! Pass. I have the last Pink Moon, which was more strawberry than carnation. Carnation's too sharp on me.
* ROUX-GA-ROUX -- Just in time for Lent, cher! A native of Louisiana, this Cajun lycanthrope stalks the swamps, forests, and fields of Acadiana and New Orleans in search of prey. It is believed that if one breaks Lent by failing to give alms, fast, or pray for seven years in a row, she will be God-cursed, and will transform into this snarling beast at every sunset, a slave to her desperate, mindless hunger until dawn. Spanish moss, swamp jessamine, bog water, cypress, hickory wood, lobelia, sweet flag, wisteria, and marsh milkweed. Not sure. This may be a decant-circle purchase.
So, tentatively: Decant circle for Roux and Aries, maybe bottles of Ides and Ostara. EDIT: Kid's awake now and says that her current amount of Ides should be sufficient. So just Ostara. Anyone local ordering? Want to share shipping?
As for the new GCs, I'll havy to try Calico Jack, Poisoned Apple, and Bien Loin D'Ici. The Mad Tea Party scents have been too sharp on me - I might like to try Croquet eventually, though. Must try 51, if only to see if it smells like my desert. Squirting Cucumber! Yes. Must update wanna-try list.
And I got a swap yesterday, so now I can try
Crow Moon: This is the final Full Moon of winter. The call of the crow signals the end of the frost, and their scent, of vervain, black violet, white musk, and Chinese cedar, is brushed by the last cold wind of winter on their wings, and the scent of evergreen boughs touched by the season’s final flowers and the first blossoms of spring: wintersweet, green-barked dogwood, primrose, snowdrop, and lenten rose hellebore bouquet.
In bottle: Wintery, but with a blush of warmth.
On me: Sadly, chemical-floral takes over. :( But wait! It fades, giving me a clear wintry scent. Fades quickly, though. Must ponder whether to keep this.
Eden: This oil contains the innocence of the Garden, coupled with the Truth and Erudition found in the fruit of the Tree of Evil: fig leaf, fig fruit, honeyed almond milk, toasted coconut and sandalwood.
In bottle: Honeyed almond whoa!
On me: Warm fruitiness.
Nocnitsa: Her scent is that of a lightless fir wood, nighttime air, wet forest mosses and upturned earth.
In bottle: Cold and mossy!
On me: Fir and cold and moss. Elayna likes it, too. More than Eden, which surprises me.
Buy stuff from me!
Wearing: Victoria's Secret nightie, "413: Requested Entity Too Large" panties.
Reading: Oh, goodness. Everything at once, feels like! :) I got a lot of books for my birthday. Will do a separate loot post. *nods*
Elayna is Reading: Andrew Clements' Things Not Seen.
Writing: Lots of stuff, all for monies - Shayara outlining and webcomic planning, my experiencing-Boston notblog, et cetera. (Thank you for the monies, boss!)
Today: slipjig, rafaela, and zarhooie arrive!
Tomorrow: Spooky and the rest of Team Glens Falls arrive! And we have party. :) *bounce* 7-whenever, my house.
Sunday: Don't know yet. I suspect it will depend on when Team Glens Falls leaves.