But fuck it. :)
We're going to Boston.
*squees madly and gigglefits*
So. Yes. Details. The move will take place in 21 days. (We'll be up for Halloween!) No, that does not give us much time at all to pack. Nyargh! So I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off sorting, packing, setting things aside for the yard sale and for charity...
We need a house to rent in Boston.
1. Adam will be flying up this weekend. He needs crashspace! We're looking at houses online and making appointments to see them, but
2. If you know of a place in a good school district that's on/near the Red Line, preferably near the Alewife end of same (yep, we're looking to live in the Camberville/Arlington area, just like the rest of you), dude, let us know. If you're walking by a place with a "For Rent" sign on your way to the Diesel tonight, jot down the number for us, 'k? We are looking specifically in Arlington. Please pro/con me about that and other areas.
We need to pack this house up.
1. Atlantans, if you see boxes lying around at work? Please bring them! Especially those nice sturdy Xerox boxes. We have a lot of books to pack.
2. I've been asked by two people if it's cool to come help me pack. Dude, please! I'm usually up and about by noon - yeah, lucky schedule, I know - but give me a call first so I can put some clothing on. *laugh* I know some people are particular about packing - everything must be Just So - but I'm not one of them. Even if I was, I don't have time to be one of them! Just throw all of that in a box and label it "Living Room", and I'll sort it out when I get there. Okay, pack neatly, not throw, but you get my drift. Anyway. Come on down. I'll put on the new Weird Al album, and we can dance while we pack. I'll order pizza.
3. I could use help pricing things for the yard sale, and Adam could use help running it. October 14, aside from being the only day we can hold our garage sale, is also the day of Elayna's big concert. I gotta be there.
I hate to say this part, so I'm sorta burying it, but - moving is expensive, and a number of you have asked for a PayPal button. I don't know how to make a button, and it takes up too much real estate on the post - I hate the idea of asking for money! Even though people asked me for the option. Y'know? So if you want to chip in on the Get The Gojirawitzes to Boston Fund, send precious monies to shadesong AT livejournal.com.
Thank the gods my brainfog's dissipated, y0. I need full mental capacity to manage all of this!
So yeah. I'm ecstatic. We're ecstatic. I'm relieved that I can finally talk about it. The tide of change is so strong - it's exhilarating to move with it!
We're going to Boston.
*dances around the kitchen, giggling madly*
EDIT: Adam made a button.