"Capri! Come help me put away groceries!" She bounced from her room, grabbing bags. "What did you get me?" "Careful, there are eggs in there!" She stuck out her tongue. "Ew." Halloran raised his eyebrows, grinning tolerantly. "Eggs are ew?" She lifted the basket of eggs out of the bag gingerly, an expression of extreme distaste on her face. "Eggs come out of chicken butts," she informed him authoritatively. "No, they do not." "Chicken butts, I tell you!" "Are you serious, or are you just messing with my head?" "This -" she brandished an egg - "was pooped out of a chicken." "Capri-" "I hope you washed it." "Do you like cake?" "Mmm?" "Do you like cake?" he repeated. "I love cake," she replied, quite seriously. "Without eggs, there can be no cake." "Do I get to bake a cake?" In answer, he pulled out a bag of flour. "Oh." She smiled charmingly. "Eggs are not so bad, then." "And you do have a grasp of chicken biology, right?" "Yeah. I just hate the texture of eggs. They're fine in cake though. And , I have to give you a hard time." "Oh, you have to?" "Yeah, it's in the contract," she said absently, rummaging through the remaining bags. "Where's the chocolate?" "Chocolate? I didn't get any." "Cocoa?" "Nope." "You wanted me to make a plain yellow cake?" "Is plain yellow cake bad?" She sighed melodramatically. "Oh, Daniel . You think I need an education..." ------------- ...now I want chocolate cake. This is Blogathon 2006. I'm posting every half hour for 24 hours, to raise money for RAINN. We're at $2,503.60! Let's see if we can push it to $3,000! Sponsor Me! Fellow Blogathonners - remember to get up and stretch and do stuff!