Time (noon sound good?) and location to be decided (either my place or manifestress's - you're looking at a one-block variance).
This writing marathon is women-only by request... sorry, guys! But all women are welcome, and not just from Georgia (*eyes rhiannonhero, skyra, and gwynraven, among others).
What's a writing marathon?
* Writers gather, bringing food, laptops, notebooks, and ideas.
* Everyone writes down writing prompts. These are folded, placed into a bowl, and shaken to mix.
* Someone draws a prompt and reads it out loud. And everyone has to write about it for a set number of minutes - 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30. Start out small, get longer as the day goes by and you get more into the flow.
* Every hour, take a break... grab a snack and a drink, go outside to the porch. And anyone who wants to read, reads. You don't *have* to. I've had marathons where I don't read at all, and I've had marathons where I read at every break.
* During the reading, *don't judge*. This is not a critique circle. This is a spontaneous burst of writerbrain, it's not meant to be ready for prime time.
* When everyone who wants to has read, go back in and write some more.
* Repeat until you fall over.
I highly recommend writing marathons... the combination of being forced to kickstart your writerbrain and being in a room full of writers gives you great energy!
Please RSVP in comments.