* To everyone I met, I reiterate that it was superkeen to meet you! To everyone I already knew and hadn't seen in ages, it was supernifty to see you!
* I am well-hugged.
* Here, as promised, is the recipe for the cake, which was alternately called "orgasmic" and "off the chain" by our dear hostess:
Chocolate Bourbon Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup UNsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups water
1/3 cup bourbon whiskey
1 1/4 cups UNsalted butter, cut in pieces
1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
3 to 4 tablespoons milk
1 square semisweet chocolate, melted (optional)
1. Heat oven to 325. Grease and flour 9-inch bundt pan. In medium-size bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
2. In 2 1/2- to 3-quart saucepan, combine water, bourbon, butter and coffee powder. Over medium heat, stir bourbon mixture just until butter melts. Remove saucepan from heat. Whisk in granulated sugar. Let cool for 10 minutes.
3. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Gradually whisk in flour mixture until combined. Pour into prepared bundt pan.
4. Bake in 325-degree oven for 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Invert cake onto wire rack; remove pan. Let cool completely.
Glaze: In medium-size bowl, stir together the confectioners' sugar, corn syrup, and enough milk until glaze is smooth and pourable. Place baking sheet under rack with cake. Pour glaze over cake, using spatula to help cover the cake completely. Drizzle melted semisweet chocolate over top of cake, if desired.
Refrigerate cake until glaze is set, about 15 minutes. With 2 spatulas, transfer cake to cake plate. Refrigerate, covered, for up to 3 days.
Now I fall down, go boom.