Administration Happy birthday to azhure, crisavec, and mendoza! Hello to new reader chaos_by_design! Medical Okay. My body has been reacting so poorly to the meds this past week that I dreamed about it last night. I'm having bad meds days in my sleep! I've just called to make an appointment with the neuro. First appointment in ages, as her refusal to give me any medication that might damage a potential fetus pissed me off and I did not want to see her face. So now I go back in and try to convince her again. *sigh* Have also made an opthalmologist appointment, and plan to get my mammogram; if I'm to leave Atlanta soonish, I should get all my medical ducks in a row so I have time to accumulate a new set of doctors in Boston. An Accomplishment! All Mother's Day gifts are out the door! Except for Adam's mom's, but that's because she's visiting next weeked, so we'll be giving her her gifts in person. Getting Along mrf_arch gave a knowing "ahhh..." yesterday when I mentioned that visit. No, no ahhh. We actually get along fine. I like her. The only sticking point? I don't call. But that's because I don't call anyone , especially without cause . Dad's having surgery? I'll call to check up on him. But if nothing's going on.... I don't chat . Yet I am mired in a culture of people who chat , who just call each other up to talk about nothing . *blink* This is one of those hy00man social things that I just do not grok. (Unrelated to mother-in-law thing: Previous boyfriend demanded one-to-two-hour chats every day. Weird and brain-itchy-making. Just e-mail! That way I can take a nap, and respond when I have time!) So Adam's mom was concerned that I didn't like her because I didn't call to chat. Adam told her I don't call anyone . His mom bet that I called my mom. Adam outright laughed. Hopefully she has gotten the message that lack of "So how's the weather out there?" does not mean dislike. Will have to touch on that during the visit. ... My brain just wound down. Blank stare. I go back to bed now.