Which is a nifty idea. I approve. Someone wants a book I have a spare of, I'm more than happy to send it on.
But I really can't do it.
Look, I have wishlists. They're linked on my sidebar. I would love to get stuff, yes, absolutely! :)
But when I get to what I really want more than anything...
1. I want to be healthy.
2. I want sibylla and dark_blade and all of my other friends who aren't doing well physically, to be healthy.
3. I want my friends who are unemployed or underemployed to have jobs they love.
4. I have friends who've had incredibly traumatic things happen to them recently. I want these things to not have happened.
5. I have friends in other cities who are terribly lonely. I want them to have what they need.
6. Financially - I want all of my friends to have everything they need and most of what they want.
Can you do these things? Gods, I wish you could. I so wish you could.
Yeah, I want new bookcases and a TiVo-DVDR. Sure I do. I want more books.
But those first six - no one can do that. And that's what frustrates me to tears. That's what I really want. More than anything else in the world. And no one can give me - us - that.
I am chipper and whimsical a lot of the time. I've got to be philosophical about my condition, y'know? And it's not an act. Emotionally, I do okay a lot of the time.
But this - not just me, but so many of my friends - it's not fucking fair.
Aaaaand I'm done now.