This weekend, Elayna will be participating in the new traditional Labor Day activity known as "get your room and other portions of the house associated with you clean, so you can keep them clean, so Mommy does not go ballistic". Also, we may bake a cake.
She is adjusting to the fact that homework is not optional.
* shellefly is okay. She has stuff going on that she needs to concentrate on right now.
Yes, I worry about people. Because I'm the mom, that's why.
* In the "fool you twice, shame on you" department, also known as the "never put anything on the internet that you don't want people to know" department, the LJMeme guy is now selling crush-meme results. Just like the guy who did the last crush-meme.
*shrug* I think there are maybe two of you that I'd yet to tell outright about my crushes. Not that they're secret. I just feel stalkery about diggin' on some of the cute girls. So. There you go.
* Call to locals - anyone have closet-door fixing expertise? Elayna's is fucked up.
* I am not going home for lunch today. I get to go have lunch with static_eddie. In Decatur, which is my favorite place to have lunch. I have been a very good girl.
* yendi said last night that if he didn't know better, he'd think Shayara and PYH were written by two entirely different people, because the voice is so different. I looked at him and said, "Duh. Different character." But he means something more distinct than that, which he's still working out in his head. This is sort of my reminder to him to tell me when he figures it out.
* I actually got a same-day return call from my neurologist.
After I left work.
I'll call back.
Basically, my question =
a) is this level of nonfunctionality expected to change, and
b) what are the odds of me ever having a higher level of functionality, considering that the meds I've been on to this date are generally considered to be easy on the system?
Because that's going to affect a lot of my decisions.
Happy birthday to entropic_om and onceupon!