Yay! Hospital's got wifi!
* I am in room G338. Do not visit or call yet. :) They don't have the leads on me yet. Yes, I've been here four hours and we've barely gotten started! I have my IV port in, I've had blood drawn, I've been processed like whoa.
* Everyone is very nice. My smile and eyes have been complimented. I have been startled!
* I have reassuring info about the chance of status epilepticus. Apparently the brain starts spiking weirdly and distinctively before status starts, so they can get in and nip it in the bud. Most times.
* They generally want about five seizures. There are cases where one is enough; there are cases where you have to be in two weeks. But generally it's no longer than a week, and can be as brief as three to four days.
* They've started by cutting my Lyrica completely, and halving my Trileptal. I had the uneasy shift in my stomach looking at that half-pill of Trileptal.
* It is now 1 PM, and my head is bristling with electrodes. *inspects new 'do* Medusa like whoa. Spooky will have to fix my hair when she gets here. Which should probably be in about an hour.
* Lunch = baked ziti, veggies, and potato soup. They neglected my roll. Adam ate the salad and cherry cobbler.
* "We'll want you to be up out of bed as much as possible, to prevent blood clots. So we don't have to keep you in the blood-clot boots."
"Well, if I get fancy boots..."
"Oh, they just massage your feet."
"You're not talking me *out* of this, you realize."
Humor = my defense mechanism.
* Elayna gave me a tiny stuffed white tiger to keep me company. The tiger's name is Kisa, like in Fruits Basket. *loves Elayna*
All in all, I'm in pretty good spirits so far. Because, y'know, my brain's not melting yet. That'll be later tonight or tomorrow. They're sleep-depping me. Yeah. So, uh, let me know if you're generally up at 4 AM, and I'll meet you on AIM!
...and you can visit me now.
...I just waved at the camera.
All of the people have cleared out. Just me and Spooky. No sleep til
Brooklyn 4 AM.
I already got almost zero sleep last night. And I always nap. Every day. Between the brain-drug side effects and the fibro fatigue.
No nap today.
Awake til 4 AM.
Sleep 4-6 AM.
No nap tomorrow.
Sleep from 9 PM to whenever tomorrow.
Lather, rinse, repeat.
Yes, a brutal, continuing cycle.
Also, I am already in much pain.
Now I give to you Guest Blogger Spooky.
There is quite possibly not enough coffee on the planet to make this whole sleep dep thing a good thing.
But we have two rampant battery-powered brains as back-up should we need them.
Um. Yes. So, we have been introduced to Shadesong of Borg, who is tethered to an inconvenient heavy black bag full of wire sockets that she has to drag around with her when she takes the ever-so-thrilling trip from her bed to, um...a chair. Or the bathroom. She's supposed to walk/move around as much as she can. I personally think someone needs to send us a disco ball and a karaoke machine, but I don't think she agrees with me.
And her bed has a sign on it that says it's "For Med/Surg Use Only."
This is a non-nookie bed, y'all.
Oh, and her shower has a chair in it. I think I need to get one of these for my house.
(She's sleepy and uncomfortable like whoa, and I wish I could sneak her out and back to her home. But not yet. So, ya know, send love and cookies.)