1. Darkness has a hunger that's insatiable, and lightness has a call that's hard to hear
Indigo Girls, "Closer to Fine"
2. Fuses pumping live heat twisting out on a wire
Duran Duran, "Girls on Film"
3. There's not a line here that goes here that rhymes with anything (Anything, anything)
Camper Van Beethoven, "Take the Skinheads Bowling"
4. You've got to take your opportunities or stay on the shelf
Wham!, "Credit Card Baby"
5. There's thirty people in the kitchen and there's always room for more
Great Big Sea, "Goin' Up"
6. Look around you, all you see are sympathetic eyes
Simon & Garfunkel, "Mrs. Robinson"
7. And making the arrangements, I'm feeling quite deranged
Great Big Sea, "Mari Mac"
8. It's getting rough, off the cuff I've got to say enough's enough
The Fixx, "One Thing Leads to Another"
9. It's black and white and faded, and it's looking pretty worn
10. And there in the still all that you feel is tranquility
Depeche Mode, "Waiting for the Night"
11. Hats, bats, shoes, booze, mountain bikes, potpourri, leather bags, girlie mags, 45s, AZT!
Rent soundtrack, "Christmas Bells". A few people guessed Rent, but the only song guess was "La Vie Boheme".
12. If I could choose to start it over I'd exercise more discretion
Midtown, "Let Go"; volta gets partial credit for knowing the song title.
13. She took it till she'd had enough... Is that what I thought love was?
Descendents, "Coolidge". No band *or* title guesses...
14. I'm the cockroach in your tinseltown - cry you mercy, I am the law
Scraping Foetus off the Wheel, "Anything (Viva!)"
15. Why do I find it hard to write the next line?
Spandau Ballet, "True"
16. And though he never would wave goodbye, you could see it written in his eyes
Dream Academy, "Life in a Northern Town"
17. Her lips were as red as the Jell-o in the window display
Captain Tractor, "Frozen Puck to the Head"; volta gets partial credit for IDing the band.
18. And I return as chained and bound to you
Sophie B. Hawkins, "Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover"
19. Sometimes you tell the day by the bottle that you drink
Bon Jovi, "Wanted Dead or Alive"
20. I have a history of taking off my shirt
Barenaked Ladies, "One Week"
21. And then I'll shout it from the rooftops like a lunatic that's found his mind
Captain Tractor, "Someday". Again, partial credit to volta for band ID.
22. love is like a razor blade - double edge and double pain
Ministry, "The Nature of Love"
23. I'm killin' your brain like a poisonous mushroom
Vanilla Ice, "Ice Ice Baby"
24. Well I don’t know but I’ve been told - you never slow down, you never grow old
Tom Petty, "Mary Jane's Last Dance"
25. He's trying hard to let it go, but he keeps looking back toward her
dustyskinandall, "California". I know you wouldn't have known it. That's why I gave you a bonus song.
25.5 Calling the mantra with a blade in the skin for the demons within
Ministry, "Burning Inside"